And...now it smells

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Skymall007

And...now it smells

Post by Skymall007 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 am

So, it could be the crickets I have nearby, but honestly, I am pretty sure this is all the fault of the hermits.

A day or so ago, I got lost looking for petco (Garmin led me to the wrong place and I have no sense of direction). I ended up at a fish and hunting store and so I looked in their bait section. The goal was to get crickets for my beardie, but I thought, well...maybe I can find her some bugs here. Naturally they didn't have any crickets but I saw that they had fish bait. They also had crab bait. I felt weird not buying anything so I bought the hermits some sardins.

I have only seen them go this nuts for popcorn. They LOVED it! (I rinsed it first, I worry that this may be full of salt due to being preserved so I won't do it frequently). Anyway, after about 10 minutes of being in the enclosure, they took it out of the food bowl and were munching on it all night. Sputnik came back for seconds (thirds I think as well).

Well, now it smells in there. I'm pretty sure they buried it lolz. At least they enjoyed it
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: And...now it smells

Post by wodesorel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

Day 2 sardines will make you think that a crab has died. Day 3 (when my crabs really go nuts for it) is the day we don't watch TV in the living room. :hlol:

Still, personally, I think crickets stink more. :P
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

boxcat

Post by boxcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:48 am

wodesorel wrote:Day 2 sardines will make you think that a crab has died. Day 3 (when my crabs really go nuts for it) is the day we don't watch TV in the living room. :hlol:
Ahha that's hilarious! :hlol:

I was fostering a kitten once who was barely skin and bones and would not eat ANYTHING. I finally gave her some canned crab and sardines. Came back to my room later that day and freaked out because I though a crab had died-- nope, it was the kitten's food, and she was happily munching away.
YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

Topic author
Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm

ahahahahahahahah! I hope it doesn't get more stinky than it is. I'm lucky I have a very weak sense of smell. I might start blaming the crickets some more, they are pretty bad :D
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown