The Hermit Crab Garden ~ CLEARANCE!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Rocky

Re: The Hermit Crab Garden - ~New Cookies in Stock~

Post by Rocky » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:23 pm

I love the Canada friendly stuff I got 8) I didn't have any issues with customs, everything was safe and accounted for, and the wee ones love it! :D
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

kuza

Post by kuza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Oh nice I may wait to see that, but I was looking mostly for the cookies, which don't seem to be available to send :( They seem like a great way to do a quick feeding on days I'm really busy. I may be looking for shells too, I need medium sized Babylonia family shells, they don't seem to have them between 1.25 - 1.75 inch openings around anywhere. At a quick glance you may not have them either.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Cookies definitely ship to Canada! :D I've had those go out with every order so far.

Although shipping is a bit ridiculous unless you're looking for other things as well. Shipping costs on one dozen cookies is $7.75 USD. :(

I haven't even gotten to the babylonias yet, but I do have them and they're waiting to be cleaned and cataloged. I'll look through tonight to see if I have any that size. I've got both zeylandica and spirata. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

kuza

Post by kuza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:09 pm

perfect, I'm looking for an assortment of them! Just let me know when they are ready.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: The Hermit Crab Garden ~Harvest Is In! New Variety Packs

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:12 am

Everything is in from the garden and available in the store. Carrots, Sorghum Sticks, several sizes of Sorghum Seeds, Chufa, Kiwano Melon, Jicama, Nasturtium, and even our own home-grown Calico Popcorn. Burning Bush Leaves are back in stock.

There are new food mixes available. Variety Packs are up as well. Save a few dollars over buying it all separately and get an amazing selection of items. All packs and boxes have the shipping costs included in the purchase price.
  • Sampler Pack of trial-sized baggies of just about every food item we sell.
    Care Package of just our home made cookies and mixes.
    New Owner Starter Kit is perfect for anyone who needs the basics, including salt and moss.
    Canada Pack is customs friendly, duty free, and postage calculates correctly so you can pay instantly with Paypal.

We've also expanded our protein selection. We now carry Brine Shrimp, Crickets, Gammarus, Krill, Mysis Shrimp, Plankton, Protein Mix, and regular Shrimp. There's also a Protein Wheel that offers six selections in an easy to store container.

Rounding out our new hermit crab selections are three brands of marine salt, and also Sphagnum Moss and Forest Moss.

For our Canadian customers, all items that cannot be mailed to Canada have now been marked with a * at the end of their name so you can now shop using the grid rather than having to check the description of every product.

And I'm taking requests on new items to offer! What I've been doing so far is getting things for my own hermit crabs, and then realizing that others may like to have the same things so I just buy more of it. I'm always willing to branch out and try new stuff, so long as I can do so at a good price. :)

AppleJack

Post by AppleJack » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 am

The Canada Pack looks great! And I love the protein wheel idea, so simple and easy!

My crabs have been enjoying their goodies, especially the amaranth cookies. I will have to make another order soon...

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Wode, I got my order today. I was so excited! It was packed great and looks incredible! My crabs are already munching on their leaves and got their first cookie treat. Seriously, how cute are those things anyway!! I'm totally impressed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 am

AppleJack11 wrote:And I love the protein wheel idea, so simple and easy!
I do this with my fish food - I like to give my fish and fids a range of brands, so I use the wheels and I have one for each species. That way I can freeze the excess since I don't go through that much fish food in a year and it only stays fresh for a few months after it's been opened if left at room temperature. I have one wheel for my goldies, one for my bettas, and a third for the fiddler and guppy tank, and each section holds something different. It makes feeding everything every night much easier. My hope was that someone who only has a couple of hermits or who maybe who has a tank of little ones would like it as well if it was filled with good hermit proteins. :)

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:47 am

Nate the great

Re: The Hermit Crab Garden ~Black Friday and Cuber Monday De

Post by Nate the great » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 am

I want one of those Cuber Monday deals.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:16 am

Nate the great wrote:I want one of those Cuber Monday deals.
:clap: Make sure to order on Monday!!

Also, before I forget - all orders placed between now and Monday will ship on Tuesday Dec 3rd. My mother signed us up for a volunteer gift wrapping thing on Black Friday which is going to blow that day, and I'm sad to say that I never seem to get to the post office before they close on Saturday. :oops: Between that and having my very first Thanksgiving dinner at my house (so excited!) and also throwing my back out yesterday (it has the worst timing), I don't want to make any promises on getting things mailed in a timely fashion. I hate to do it, but I want to be open with everyone about so there's no surprises when it comes to delivery times.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:18 pm

:blush:

I fixed the discount. It's now properly at 15% instead of 10%. Sorry to anyone who may have been considering order earlier today!

Refunds are also being put through now for that 5% for those who did order already.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: The Hermit Crab Garden

Post by wodesorel » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:03 am

All orders have been shipped! :)
And we're back with same or next day shipping, dependent on our schedule and the time the order is placed.

maymay

Post by maymay » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:05 am

Hello,
I was wondering if you do gift certificates at all? I want one to ask for one for xmas! lol!

oh and was just wondering, how come non of the mixes can be shipped to Canada?? I wanted those! lol!

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Unfortunately there's no way to set up gift certificates with the software the store uses. I've been trying to find a way to make it work, but I haven't found anything yet. Still looking though!

I'm not completely certain that the mixes would get through customs. One of these days I may get bold enough and risk it, but having to cover the costs if the package were destroyed would be a huge blow to things so I just can't right now. Everything in the mixes are also sold as individual items and the ingredients for the mixes are listed in their description, so you can always make your own if there's something you really want! :)