I must be doing something right! :)

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Rose7314

Re: I must be doing something right! :)

Post by Rose7314 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Haha that's awesome :) I straightened up the tank this morning and plopped Rocky in the middle of it and he stayed in his shell for awhile and then finally slowly slid out only his legs. He stayed like that for a long time and I was like "What the heck, is he ever going to come out?". I believe I believe I witnessed him napping in the middle of the tank lol I looked more closely and I saw one of his eyes peeking out from under his shell and when he saw me looking he immediately popped it back in the shadows of his shell as if to say "Darn I've been caught!". It was so cute :)
Some days I just have a little weirdness running through my blood :)

Nia

Post by Nia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Lol! Bat girl does that all the time. She will be out and about until she is spotted then it is an instant freeze lol. I made 2 new posts in the Pictures section. Everyone was out in my Tank update post lol even stuffing their pudgy faces lol. I re did some shells for Herc, he wasn't happy in that turbo at all. He likes the lighter shells rather than the turbo's. I also updated their temp tank lol again :P. I just glued up their vines and made flower chains for them. This will be easy to transfer to their travel tat now. Took me forever to put together lol. A few more pics of Herc being silly lol and the crew.

Herc was checking out that bigger shell. The one he is in and that one are the 2 I redid lol I am so happy he loves them to. But I didn't expect him to pull a Reese and go into it with the other shell still on :lol:. What a goof. He traveled all over that second level to checking everything out. The second Reese saw me updating he flew out to watch me and see what I was putting up lol. He just loves to watch me when I am working in their tat. He is usually first to check things out to but Herc beat him to it this time rofl.
Mom to: 2 Kids,4 PP's, Cats, 1 Dogs, and whatever else gets put on my doorstep. (Box on doorstep. Hubby says,"Did you order anything?" I say "no". He says, "go get it, I don't want to know." Even tho he always ends up loving it or at least accepting it lol.)

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Wow what a cool tank you have! What are those pretty blue and pink round things? They're so pretty! I love the flowers :) you have done a great job. They all seem very silly lol I love it when I put something new in the tank and they all check it out, I wish I had a Reese once again lol. He's a workin' buddy :) I'm going to go check out your pics!

Nia

Post by Nia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Lol thanks ^.^. They are flowers that I found at the craft store for .99cents. Same with the vines craft store. Not bad prices. I just cut them off of the main branch and chained them together. Or were you talking about those eggs? Kids heave me doing everything blue and pink lol "for boys and girls so no one feels left out" rofl my boy. It is their fav colors to so I am sure that has something to do with it to. The egg things are fish tank deco supplies a lil over $2 so it wasn't bad. They actually love rolling them around and playing with them lol. I use them in the water too water toys yay lol. Herc often sits on them lol it is funny cause he looks like he is trying to hatch them. I think when I get more for their new cage tho I am going to glue a chain for the water pools border cause loose they take off with them to play lol. This way they have their toys and I have the border lol.
Reese is all over the vines today lol. Crazy lil kid thought it was fun to jump off of them into the water....I wasn't aware they jumped but he did. Made me gasp to cause I was afraid he hurt himself but he just ran out of the salt pool n up the vines to do it again lol. Crazy kids lol.
Mom to: 2 Kids,4 PP's, Cats, 1 Dogs, and whatever else gets put on my doorstep. (Box on doorstep. Hubby says,"Did you order anything?" I say "no". He says, "go get it, I don't want to know." Even tho he always ends up loving it or at least accepting it lol.)

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Wow how cool!! That makes me want to redecorate so bad! Lol your boy is so nice :)

Nia

Post by Nia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:01 pm

Rose7314 wrote:Wow how cool!! That makes me want to redecorate so bad! Lol your boy is so nice :)
Yea I can't wait to get started on the big pen, hubby is dreading this :lol:. He is to funny, today he goes mommy I want more Hermie crabs lol. I told him we will look once we are settled after the move. He loves straws to and wants some and apparently also wants tiny ones lol. He saw the baby pics and lost it "Ohhhhh I want one they are so cute". He loves to just sit there and watch them lol. I had Herc out on the bed :hlol: is all I can do. The boy will watch from a distance n my lil girl pulled her feet up in the chair and made a funny face lol. They like them better in the tat lol. Herc n Reese love to come out but the girls are shy hearts don''t mind my holding her but don't like to be out of the tat for long. Bat Girl just started eating from my hand but still says no to being out for more than a minute lol.

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 am

Lol thats funny, my kids are the same way. I had four of them out on my couch last night and my step daughter would always pull herself away from them when they would start crawling near her. She is afraid of their little nails lol My kids want more too but I don'd think I have room for anymore at the moment. I have a 6 crabs in a 29 gallon tank, I'm probably pushing it lol I feel bad cause I never take Hermie out, she's so shy. That's good that Hearts ate from your hand :) I was holding Rocky last night and me and my step son have dubbed him the Grandpa of the tank. He is just so slow lol I came home yesterday and my boyfriend was like "There's something wrong with your crab" so I immediately rushed over to the tank and Rocky was on top of their cave with his legs spidered out against the corner of the tank. He looked so cool lol But anyway I was holding Rocky and I'm pretty sure he fell asleep in my hand. He pulled his shell over his eyes and just sat there like a bump on a log lol Yeah once we are settled I think I might somehow get an even bigger tank so I can get more crabs too. They're addicting!

Nia

Post by Nia » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Lol that they are. I want straws so bad n so does my boy lol. We had said no more until after the move cause we don't want to stress them more tho. We only have a few atm but once I have the 55gal set up we can get more. Hubby is nervous tho since ours eat so much and more mouths mean more output of food rofl. Well that and how big they will eventually get rofl.Shhh I told him by the time they'd be huge the kids will be taking care of them :P. I know I will be yelled at later but meh by then he won't care lmao.

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:59 pm

The straws are cool :) lol I should try that excuse! I think Rocky is turning into a piglet. He literally sat by the food dish eating a orange slices for 3 or so hours. So I may have a Herc in awhile lol we got all excited Saturday night because McKenna came out of his and was all over the place. She was hanging out with B.J by the water dish and climbing up and down it like a toddler at a playground lol you ever get your crabs confused when they start taking each other's shells? Hermie Jr took B.Js she'll and everyone was all confused lol

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Rocky trying to climb the wall of the tank

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Is this what it looks like when they sleep? Lol. He comes out and then decides to partially go back in an cover his eyes

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 pm

I can't help taking pictures of her. She's such a cute little baby <3

Nia

Post by Nia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:30 am

Lol I'd say Rocky already is a Herc lol. He even has a pudgy face :P. Rocky looks like he was either sleeping or peaking at you lol. Aw she is so cute. Mine haven't traded each others shells yet. The girls always have to have matching shells lol but they are such a color difference it is rather easy to tell. For ones that look alike I am sure it can get confusing tho lol. How big is Rocky cause he looks even bigger than Herc.? Mine are all acting like toddlers since I put the vines in lol. I even had to rescue Hearts last night, she climbed the bubblier and then panicked lol. She had no idea on how to get down n was freaking out lol. Reese trying to get out .....again lol. He really is my lil problem child that is into all sorts of trouble lol. Do yours play tag? Lol mine were nuts last night an chasing each other just enough to touch a leg on a shell n then run the other way and the one who was touched start chasing the one that touched them. Lol Hubby noticed them doing this n goes are they really playing tag right now lmao. It really did look like they were. Lol what ever they were doing went on for an hour then all 4 went into the same corner snuggled n slept. Who knows with this crew tho lol bunch of goof balls :P.

Topic author
Rose7314

Post by Rose7314 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:32 am

Hahahhahah wow that is too funny! I would love to see my crabs play tag! I think my crabs are confused and mistake the empty shells for crabs because at least one of them always goes and snuggles with all of the empty shells lol I'm just glad that I have at least one crab that will sit in my hand like a sweet puppy lol I'm thinking Rocky might be a jumbo crab. Someone ate half of a grape last night and most of the krill. I'm hoping it was a group effort so no one gets left out. It's nice to see that if I put out things that they like they'll eat it. Lol I have to get vines so bad for my tank! Lol thAt sounds awesome to watch. Lol poor Hearts! Good thing mommy was their to rescue her :)

Nia

Post by Nia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Lol it is finding the stuff that they like that is usually the problem. I went through a lot of food before finding what they did n didn't like. Most they didn't like but now they are either liking the new stuff more n more or just really like the choices lol. Once you find the favorites it gets easier to know what to buy lol. Still have a lot to try yet too. Wow a jumbo lol yea he looked like a big boy. Herc is just under the medium size lol n I thought he was a big boy.
Yea it was her first time being that high n man was she latched on lol. I put my hand up in it took a minute for her to realize she could crawl into it and was safe. She has not done that since lol. She sticks to the lower vines now lol. The boys are the dare devils and do all sorts of craziness lol. Herc doesn't even realize he is to big to do half the stunts Reese does and he usually tanks something lol. I just worry they will get hurt from falling but they don't seem to so far >.>. Hope that they never do cause they do get crazy lol.