LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

AimeeZ21

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by AimeeZ21 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:06 pm

I purchased a couple of indos but haven't heard anything from them. Does anyone know if the first week of June is still the target for shipping? Thanks!

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

She will keep them a couple of weeks to de-stress before shipping them. If you didn't order Aussies too then yours should ship soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Thu May 22, 2014 6:22 pm

HARAWLINS wrote: As far as I know, Live Hermit Crabs is really the only online vendor of certain kinds of crabs. But I'd like to hear about it if anybody knows of other sources.
I found all my E's at Petco & Pets Supplies Plus

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri May 23, 2014 2:33 am

Another question occurred to me as I was sorting shells tonight to prepare for my Aussies....what is the smallest crabs anyone has ever gotten from LHC?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

lessthansign3

Post by lessthansign3 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:18 am

I just put in my order! Two Aussies, three blues, two cavs. If I had more money I'd have gotten three of each, but I really can't afford it right now. Maybe next time she gets them in I will buy more. In the meantime, I'm glad there's a delay on the Aussies, as it gives me time to get a new tank and get it set up. I already own a 55 gallon, but I honestly want to go bigger. We'll have to see what I can dig up on craigslist or the MN fishkeepers forums.

Still, I am beyond excited, especially for the blues :banana: Been wanting blueberries forever.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:27 am

I'm ok with the delay too for the same reason. I'm setting up a new tank as well.

I couple of my rugs and straws from my last LHC order were small~maybe 5/8 openings.

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri May 23, 2014 3:05 pm

mom23 wrote:I'm ok with the delay too for the same reason. I'm setting up a new tank as well.

I couple of my rugs and straws from my last LHC order were small~maybe 5/8 openings.

Thank you @mom23, that helps. I am hoping mine aren't that small (and that others will chime in also) but I do have a TON of shells that small so that would work too :)

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Those were the smallest of my smalls. Except for the female ruggie they are already much bigger after 6 months and a couple of molts. I wanted some "baby" crabs.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri May 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Awww! yeah i tend to shy away from the babies if I can help it just because I feel like they are more skittish and fragile but I suppose an advantage to getting baby Aussies that have their own 55 gallon tank is that they will have a lot of time before I have to upgrade tanks :)

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 am

SachOfSCP wrote:Another question occurred to me as I was sorting shells tonight to prepare for my Aussies....what is the smallest crabs anyone has ever gotten from LHC?

I got teenie tiny violas in the last order, they were like dime-nickle sized, I ordered all smalls and they varied from the nickle sized to 1" shell openings

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sat May 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks @crabbyj! I ALMOST hope they are that small just because I have tons of small shells that none of my other guys need ;)

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue May 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Has any heard if she is shipping them next week? I ordered all but aussies and cavipes

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Tue May 27, 2014 5:44 pm

CrabbyJ wrote:Has any heard if she is shipping them next week? I ordered all but aussies and cavipes
No one I have talked with has heard yet though I expect for the early orders that don't include Aussies; they theoretically should start going out next week.

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Tue May 27, 2014 8:34 pm

I ordered rugs a little back and haven't heard anything about shipping... Hopefully soon for my own selfishness :roll: I'm so excited and nervous...
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

HARAWLINS

Post by HARAWLINS » Thu May 29, 2014 7:00 pm

I ordered on May 11 and have been billed for the order, but I haven't heard a word yet. And I sent an email over a week ago to ask about the shipping date and haven't heard back. I really don't mind the wait, but I do wish they could answer an email sometimes. I'm especially worried that they will ship the crabs without telling me and I won't be here to get them.