LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

SachOfSCP

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by SachOfSCP » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't wanna speculate on cold-weather shipping as I haven't experienced it but there is a post a little ways back saying she did ship crabs to someone late in the year when it was too cold &they lost most of their crabs.

Question: I got my refund but does anyone know if I should have had to pay fees for it? I mean, the full amount came out of my paypal originally so was she charged that $6 odd dollars to receive it that I just had charged me to receive it?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:56 pm

If Paypal's refund feature is used to do a full refund, the retailer eats the cost of the fees. However, refunds can only be given within the first 60 days. After that it becomes a normal transaction where the person recieving the money automatically covers all fees.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 pm

wodesorel wrote:If Paypal's refund feature is used to do a full refund, the retailer eats the cost of the fees. However, refunds can only be given within the first 60 days. After that it becomes a normal transaction where the person recieving the money automatically covers all fees.
Awesome, thanks! I almost PM'ed you on Fb because I knew you;d know the answer,hh Okay so that means technically she should've eaten the fees on part of my order (she never originally claimed the payment on the straws' order so I actually only paid for them & their shipping recently, as opposed to the Aussies' payment having been processed in March). Okay, good to know; thanks Wode :)

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I just did my first full refund this week due to Paypal asking the buyer to order twice. I was never sure before that how it worked, but it returned the full amount to the buyer, returned the percentage fee to me, and the 30 cent transaction fee stayed in place.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:37 am

I started a thread about the mites I have found on both orders of crabs from LHC and would like some input from others since I have not found this type of mite in the thread about crab mites, I will continue to study these and give my impressions

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=100201

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:08 am

I lost one of my Indos last night :( now poor Red, my other indo has no buddy

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:14 am

Kate87 wrote:I lost one of my Indos last night :( now poor Red, my other indo has no buddy

I'm sorry Kate87... :(
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:15 am

Kate87 wrote:I lost one of my Indos last night :( now poor Red, my other indo has no buddy
I'm sorry. :'(
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 am

Me too. I've lost 2 indos. I've got 2 MIA that I pray are molting and 2 that I'm afraid won't make it. That is one reason I always order at least 3 of a species, so if something happens to 1 they still have at least 1 friend.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 am

I am wondering if I should email LHC about it. I suppose its a gamble buying them, but they are quite expensive. I dont know what to do

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:19 am

If you just got them then yes I would email her. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

stewartx4

Post by stewartx4 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am

I'm so sorry about the indos you two! :(
3 pps, 7 straws, 3 ruggies and 1 e

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Kate87 wrote:I am wondering if I should email LHC about it. I suppose its a gamble buying them, but they are quite expensive. I dont know what to do

You only got them in like the last month, right? I definitely would email them. We can't say they will do anything but they SHOULD.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:57 pm

I received an update. LHC heard from their supplier and if all goes well the Aussies could be on a plane next Friday. They would still have to de-stress, but hopefully it's getting closer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm

She said because she sent me an extra blueberry that was to cover any deaths. I ordered 9 crabs from her. I was going to place an order for Aussies but Im not giving her anymore of my business. The "extra" she sent me was mangled and missing legs...I am hoping he's not on borrowed time. I have to say this left a bad taste in my mouth.