What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2014~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Crabinski

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by Crabinski » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:21 pm

CallaLily wrote:Packed in olive oil is safe. ;) Fresh fish does seem to be preferred by my crew though (raw).
I haven't offered the guys canned tuna yet. The fish they get is fresh raw shrimp -- when I'm doing my own herbivore shopping at Sprouts, I'll stop at their Butcher department once a month and buy a few large fresh shrimp, clean and dice them, pop 'em in a baggie and into the freezer.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 pm

With all the new crabs in my tank I have been putting a lot of food in trying to make everyone happy. Tonight's fresh food was a fruit mix of kiwi, pineapple, blueberries, grape, strawberry- and some carrots for ha-ha's. My crabs arnt too keen on veggies :/
The dry food is usually a mix of dry stuff from HCP. I accidentally dumped a lot of the surf and turf mix in, which turned out to be great because everyone has been sitting in the dish stuffing their face. Image
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

lemonade2

Post by lemonade2 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Shrimp, Broccoli, and Pumpkin!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:59 am

Pumpkin, beef, corn, and assorted dried fruits, veggies, and bugs.

moonshermies

Post by moonshermies » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:44 pm

DIDNT GO FOR THE PUMPKIN or pumpkin seeds!!!!:evil: besides the chicken bone they had in there since lastnight, im giving them some salmon (meat, skin & bones)1st x trying this!!:-?, strawberries, mango &2 pcs of popcorn

Sent from my HTC EVO, using tapatalk 2
Mom to 3 children,&2 adorable medium PPS..Not a new member..My old sn was deleted after a hiatus from the death of my pp 2 yrs ago..

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm laying off the fresh fruit for a few days in case I have any gnats are still prowling in there. I ended up putting fresh veggies so idk if that's just as bad lol.
Tonight they have green pepper and carrot- both are cut or shredded.
Dry food is a mix from HCP as usual. Worm castings, mineral supplement, surf and turf, and some mango treat.
Normally I don't have a lot of luck with veggies. So we will see how it goes.
All kinds of crabby!

lemonade2

Post by lemonade2 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Fresh coconut, strawberries, pumpkin, eggshells, and shrimp! I also put in the coconut husk for them to climb and gnaw on at their convenience. :)

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:02 pm

With the Es all being down, I've mostly been feeding dried foods. But now I've been seeing Mrs Penstemmon at night, so in hopes of luring her and the other Es out, I've loaded their dish with stinky foods. Sardines, mackerel, shrimp tails, chicken liver, pumpkin, coconut, dried greens, fruit treat (a fav). I also replenished mineral dishes with crushed oyster shells, mineral supplement, and spirulina and refilled the leaf pits with leaves and flowers.

Edit: The PP tank has beef, carrot, sugar snap peas, baby corn, peas, rice, apple, and coconut. I was going to keep it to dried foods in their tank due to fruit flies but I couldn't resist sharing dinner. :D

dinky

Post by dinky » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Having Krill, milk thistle, Impatient flowers with bee pollen sprinkled over them, flax, ground sunflower seeds and shells, corn husk, wild grapes with coconut, HCP popcorn, blackberry leaves and alfalfa. Trying to put small amounts, but bigger variety out as I have some new crabs and I try to offer them more until they adjust to the foods we offer them (as I'm sure they don't find a lot of these in the wild)
Happy owner of 10 pp's, 7 E's, 2 straws, 1 ruggie, 2 viola's, 2 dogs, to many kids to count and one awesome hubby

Farahlovescheer

Post by Farahlovescheer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:02 am

Today's mealImage if anyone would like specifics on what I put in it lmk (let me know). Image

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:12 am

Farahlovescheer wrote:Today's mealImage if anyone would like specifics on what I put in it lmk (let me know). Image
Of course we do! What's in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarasobo

Post by Sarasobo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Tonight's menu includes powdered wheat germ eggshells all natural coconut cranberry powdered peanut butter seaweed garbanzo beans all powdered in a blender
6PPs:Flower Phonix thunder childHoneyTiny TimMelonmiso

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:48 pm

I recently bought a coconut to spoil my crabs! I drilled some holes, poured the milk out and then cracked that baby in half like a pro! I scooped out a lot of the coconut (which is actually hard to do) and only left a bit in the half of the shell, I then placed it in the tank. Since its appearance it has gotten so much attention! It makes me so happy to see the crabs sitting in there stuffing their faces!
Any suggestions for what to go with coconut milk??
All kinds of crabby!

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 pm

You can offer tiny bits of it. I bet theyd love drinking it!
You can soak grains in it and they can eat it that way. You can also stick it in a blender with [stuff] and freeze the smoothie and give some smoothie pieces!

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:21 pm

YYWW wrote:You can offer tiny bits of it. I bet theyd love drinking it!
You can soak grains in it and they can eat it that way. You can also stick it in a blender with [stuff] and freeze the smoothie and give some smoothie pieces!

LOVE this idea!

Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)