What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

KellyCrabbieLove

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 pm

moonbeam wrote:Aww what a cutie! And don't worry, we're all nerds in our own right!

Gotta love being a December baby. I'm the 30th. I've hated it ever since I can remember and always said I'd never have a baby in December. So what did I do? Had my first baby dec. 19. Go figure haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My daughter will turn 2 in about an hour. Dec 8th baby. :)
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Aww happy birthday to all the December babies!! We may not enjoy it but we do rock it!

Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:42 am

Lol merry birthday every one!
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:04 am

moonbeam wrote:Aww happy birthday to all the December babies!! We may not enjoy it but we do rock it! Image

My sister in law is a Dec 1st baby and my brother a Dec 15th brat. My husband's aunt is Dec 26th. Lots of Dec birthdays around here.

We always wrap Dec babies presents in birthday paper. Christmas paper out of convenience is the jerk way to go. Her things were wrapped in my little pony paper. :)

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Lol my mom always threw me a party in jan-feb bc everyone was out of town on my bday. I loved it when I was a kid, it was special to me. And yes I hate bday presents in Christmas wrapping. We always buy something different for my sons birthday too. I want him to feel special just like every other kid who doesn't have a Christmas birthday!

Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:09 pm

My son is a December baby and we do his "unbirthday" on June 6th because it's 6 months from his birthday. His day gets kindof downplayed by Christmas and many people just can't get out due to holiday obligations.

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:28 pm

One of my cousins was born on December 25th and, to this day (he's in his late 60s), is still miffed about being short-changed on presents :lol!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Crabinski wrote:One of my cousins was born on December 25th and, to this day (he's in his late 60s), is still miffed about being short-changed on presents :lol!
Aw!

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 pm

YAY! Guppy came up from his second molt tonight he's my shyest crab (people shy, certainly not crab shy!) so he refused to pose for pictures but I'm so excited! That only leaves one lone little crab in the old tote and then I can take that thing apart! Come on Deacon, it's time to rejoin the crabby crew!

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:43 pm

moonbeam wrote:YAY! Guppy came up from his second molt tonight Image he's my shyest crab (people shy, certainly not crab shy!) so he refused to pose for pictures but I'm so excited! That only leaves one lone little crab in the old tote and then I can take that thing apart! Come on Deacon, it's time to rejoin the crabby crew!

Whew that's got to be frustrating! I hope Deacon comes up soon! It must be tiring to take care of two different tats!
All kinds of crabby!

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:06 am

Hurry up, Deacon!! Darn inconsiderate crab ;)

I have 4 (!!!!!) crabs up this evening. I thought Alduin had dug down, but he must have been hiding somewhere since I just saw him. I've been trying not to handle him, but I picked the food dish up and he parked his fat butt right where I needed to put it down after I filled it. I picked him up to move him elsewhere and he immediately popped out to say hi. I'm glad he's friendly, but I don't trust him yet. :lol:

I hope they enjoy dinner..I'm fighting fruit flies so they're on dried food, but at least it's yummy dried food!
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

CrabbySquirrel

Post by CrabbySquirrel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:03 am

Yay, moonbeam! Only one more to go!!

I just found one of my crabs struggling in the fishing net---if I didn't know better, it looked like he was tangled, but he was able to free himself before I intervened. Makes me worry about keeping that fishing net in there, but they seem to like it, so I guess it can stay a little longer...

singlemomwithcrab

Post by singlemomwithcrab » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:11 am

So Beast, a medium PP who came to us in a terrible baseball shell and immediately switched to a beautiful golden brown spotted tapestry decided tonight to try to back his fat tooshy into every hide in the crabitat. Now picture hime squeezing in sideways, turning around and around and then deciding he was moving on to the next piece of realistate. Then darn, I can't get out. He was in SpongeBob's Pineapple and tried getting out of the second story window....BWAHAHAHAHAH! Later he went into Squidward's House and it took him 16 tries to get out. No lie, I counted....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Tonight was a good crabby night. Even saw 5-6 at the food dishes....

:banana:
We will see if the name Beast sticks. I named him that because of his hideous previous shell (Beast) and the fact that he hangs out with my littlest Belle. And now he is beautiful in the new golden spotted tapestry.
"Do or Do Not. There is no try"
50 PPs, 1 E

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 am

moonbeam wrote:YAY! Guppy came up from his second molt tonight Image he's my shyest crab (people shy, certainly not crab shy!) so he refused to pose for pictures but I'm so excited! That only leaves one lone little crab in the old tote and then I can take that thing apart! Come on Deacon, it's time to rejoin the crabby crew!

Whoo hoo! Go Guppy!

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:49 am

Crab watching has been hard lately. I've been keeping a blanket over most of my tat to help with heat. So every time I go to peek in they all see the blanket move and hide or run for cover... I feel like Godzilla again...

Also I need to do a head count very soon. I was thinking maybe Bruce came up from the bat cave- however it may in fact be my little needle I will be so sad if Bruce is still missing! He went down almost immediately after the move into the new tank. I worry because my sister who I told to be gentle and never disturb the sub- was putting a shell in the tank and was really working it into the sub. Being honest I think she was far enough away from where I believed him to be. However. On the off chance he burrowed more and I did not see... Well then she may have collapsed his little cave. Tho it would have been within the first few day that he went down. So he may have been able to reconstruct... I'm trying to be positive but he was a fairly small crab and it has now been almost 2 months..., sigh. I wish I just knew what was happening in there!
All kinds of crabby!