Pleaseeee give me suggestions with my tank!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Pleaseeee give me suggestions with my tank!

Post by grandlinegirl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:48 pm

I am so frustrated! I can't figure out how to fix my tank so I like it. I've redone it so many times. I like the right side with the plants and homemade hides but the side with the water and shell basket... I hate it!

The footprint on my tank isn't that big and I want to maximize space with a second level but I just can't figure out how to do it. I don't like the look of dish things stuck to the side. I somehow want to elevate the shell shop off the ground to give them more room and add some kind of second level above the hides.

Any suggestions are appreciated! And pictures of ideas even more so. I just want to get it right so I can leave it alone and enjoy it.

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Re: Pleaseeee give me suggestions with my tank!

Post by grandlinegirl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:49 pm

I should also mention I want to make it more natural looking, hence the stone hides.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:22 pm

What about something like what Sugarselections did with cork round to make sort of second levels here.

jarteta97

Post by jarteta97 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:32 am

I would put ramps in the pools, or at least plastic plants that lead out of the pools. It looks like it would be a little difficult for a crab to get out.
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:38 am

They're actually only about an inch deep. I just have them in temporary while I fix up my bigger pools. I'm going to use silicone to stick shells and stuff on so they can get out easier.

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 am

You can tie plants all around the shell shop for camo. You can also put that awesome huge shell shop up on a shelf so theres more floorspace.

Crabbers unite!!!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:33 am

YYWW wrote:You can tie plants all around the shell shop for camo.
Great idea. I have another Sugarselections thread as an example. :D (I just love her tanks!)

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:23 am

Me too!

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:34 pm

YYWW wrote:You can tie plants all around the shell shop for camo. You can also put that awesome huge shell shop up on a shelf so theres more floorspace.

Crabbers unite!!!

I soo want to do that, I'm just not sure how! The only idea I've had is to use a piece of wood and silicone dowels to it in all four corners and use that as a shelf. I've already started this project, truthfully. I've wrapped a vine with leaves all around the dowel legs so they can climb up it... I'm just not sure if it's going to work or the dowels will be strong enough to hold up the wood...

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:37 pm

CallaLily wrote: Great idea. I have another Sugarselections thread as an example. :D (I just love her tanks!)
They're just like, tupperwear containers with plants on the outside? They look good. I don't have a drill and couldn't do anything like that. Wonder how I could hang the tupperwear without suction cups! Thanks for giving me an idea :)

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:43 pm

In her case, they are shower caddies camoflauged with fake plants. I understand wanting something more natural looking but using plants like this can really keep things looking nice. Let me see if I can find that thread with an awesome idea for hanging things....

Edit: Here it is but I just noticed you mentioned you don't have a drill. :oops: Know someone who could let you borrow one?

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:46 pm

You can also just sit it on top of a platform, like a locker shelf.. Pics to come!

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:26 pm

No, unfortunately not :(

I found a couple corner shower caddies that would have worked perfect, but they were metal. Sigh. Gonna shop around online. I really liked it.

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:29 pm

I'm also going to look into locker shelves since that was mentioned