Should i buy these?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
StarWarsHermitCrab

Should i buy these?

Post by StarWarsHermitCrab » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:47 am

“Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try"-Yoda

megmaholm

Re: Should i buy these?

Post by megmaholm » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:34 am

The cholla is fine; I have multiple pieces of the same thing in both my tanks. I have no idea about the cocofiber roll. Is it available at a local store for you to check out? I would worry about it being treated with chemicals or something since there isn't any info on it, and I'd want to see it in person and sniff it first. ;)
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

Topic author
StarWarsHermitCrab

Post by StarWarsHermitCrab » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:56 pm

Alright, I'll smell before I buy. :lol:
“Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try"-Yoda

klowns

Post by klowns » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:39 pm

after a brief encounter with dollar store coco fiber pots, i don't think i'd use em unless they said they're for pets, it didn't smell super bad, but it did smell a little different then my coco fiber wall i have, that i haven't used. Even if its not in the dollar store, they may have put chemicals in it for binding or who knows what. be careful.

I did notice that when i took the cocofiber liner out of the hide i had in the tank, they're using it a lot more now than before, now there are 3-5 in there, before there was maybe 1 at any given time.
Reppin' AZ!