Random Night Pix of the Crabs!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
klowns

Random Night Pix of the Crabs!

Post by klowns » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I got up randomly last night figured i'd check out the crabs. as they're always up to stuff at night. sure enough they were all over, even some of the small guys i picked up in the past month or so were up from molting too. dont think i got any pix of them though, they're too fast, and run away without hesitation. they're like the size of dimes/pennies.

but here's some pix. there were a lot more out and about than i expected. I need to setup and test out the new cameras i got, just haven't got around to it yet, then i'll get better night pictures again without me hovering over them.

This guy is my biggest, wish there was another one next to him for comparison.

you can see a straw in the back and another big PP in a painted shell hiding in the plants, he won't switch! soon enough though.
one of my other e's this one is pretty big, he loves sitting in 1 spot for 12-36 hours its crazy. he'd been sitting on the ladder for like 16 hours at this point i think in the same spot.

my favorite straw and favorite E. they like to hang out sometimes. can barely see the E under the straw, crappy picture quality.

Last edited by klowns on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reppin' AZ!

hermitcrabdc

Re: Random Night Pix of the Crabs!

Post by hermitcrabdc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:59 pm

I see them now :) Beautiful crabs, love the straws :)
Crabbing since July 2013!
4 PPs - Chloe, Tani, Kono, McGarrett

Jellybean!

Post by Jellybean! » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:45 pm

So cute! How many crabs do you have in there?
I love the E just sitting there, my E's used to do that too.
14 PPs
Follow my hermie instagram account: jellyhermies

Topic author
klowns

Post by klowns » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:58 pm

I don't know honestly how many are in there. I never really kept track. I think there are 6-7 straws, 3 e's (rescued one last week from sure death) , couple large pp's and a handful of micros. haven't had any issues really or anything, with tons of places to climb and hide, and the water, they all seem to get along great.

If I had to do it all again, i'd skip the pp's altogether and just do strawberry's and e's. straws are by far my favorite and they're always doing stuff! definetely the most "fun" crab in my opinion of the 3 species i have.
Reppin' AZ!

Jellybean!

Post by Jellybean! » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:20 pm

klowns wrote:I don't know honestly how many are in there. I never really kept track. I think there are 6-7 straws, 3 e's (rescued one last week from sure death) , couple large pp's and a handful of micros. haven't had any issues really or anything, with tons of places to climb and hide, and the water, they all seem to get along great.

If I had to do it all again, i'd skip the pp's altogether and just do strawberry's and e's. straws are by far my favorite and they're always doing stuff! definetely the most "fun" crab in my opinion of the 3 species i have.
Really?! Cool! I couldn't imagine not having the PP's! I've only cared for E's before and didn't have much luck with them. When it came to molting, something always went wrong.The strawberries are always so pretty though!
14 PPs
Follow my hermie instagram account: jellyhermies