Alaska Hermit food store open for business! SALE 1/17/2014

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

fraksocks

Re: Alaska Hermit food store open for business! SALE 1/17/20

Post by fraksocks » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 pm

I got the shells that I ordered from you today. As soon as I was able to get the 7/8" Natica unifasciata into the tank one of my Es switched shells. She had been in a 3/4" opening thias so it's quite a jump for her but she seems satisfied with her choice. It's amazing how much bigger the Es can look with a simple shell change lol. I was hoping that my male might take that shell (he checked it out but didn't seem interested) but he might take one of slightly bigger shells as he's always been more willing to wear slightly big shells. Of course he could just not be ready to give up his current shell yet (though I'm not sure how since he doesn't look like he could molt another time in that shell and still stay in it lol).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Glad you got the shells and one is occupied so far! :D
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:24 am

My store may be down for a couple days. I'm changing hosting plans and other stuff. (I think.) I'm not going to try to explain it further. My ex husband is doing it all for me :banana: because I have no idea how do to this type of stuff. But yeah, it may or may not be down for a couple days. Any orders placed before now have gone out, and I can still access payment info through paypal and my store e-mail. Thanks! :D

P.S. There will be a Juneau trip starting on the 19th of this month. I will be there a week. I REALLY REALLY hope I can get more dungeness and ak hermit crab carapace, but no promises. I take what the tides give me.

I'll also be in Denali a week before the Juneau trip, so any orders placed between the 13th and 27th will go out after I get back on the 27th.
Crabby since May 2009

lemonade2

Post by lemonade2 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:35 am

Which of your products are most popular with PPs (Foodwise)?

kornchaser

Alaska Hermit food store open for business! SALE 1/17/2014

Post by kornchaser » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Just received my order! I had to go run errands with my mom and Gma before I could open it so the whole car ride I was like "Hermit Crab fooood, hermit crab FOOD!" And nudging moms shoulder I was so excited!! $17.70 is what I paid for all these goodies!! And it arrived promptly and I'm so happy with it! Gunna put it in the tank now :)
ImageImageImage

Hermie mommy of 10 PP babies: Octavius Flemming, Poseidon, Bruiser, Junior, Matty Pumpkin, Turbo, Kaylee Frye, Pepper, Flower and Adrian Shephard.
-

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:03 pm

OMGAW that hermie doll is so cuuuute! And nice haul!!

Crabbers unite!!!

kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:45 am

No kidding right? I instantly had to make it wearable!! Since the back leg was connected to the shell I just made a necklace out of it :) Image

Hermie mommy of 10 PP babies: Octavius Flemming, Poseidon, Bruiser, Junior, Matty Pumpkin, Turbo, Kaylee Frye, Pepper, Flower and Adrian Shephard.
-

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:27 am

Cute! Thats a fantastic bonus item!

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Glad people are liking their stuff. :D

I'm moving soon so starting mid-September to mid-October, I might be slow to process orders. Instead of being in neat plastic storage totes, they are going to be in bags and boxes, and maybe inaccessible for a few days to a couple weeks. We have to drive for a day starting Sept 27, and take a ferry for three (nothing is easy in Alaska) and then get set up in the new place. Not sure if I will be shipping my store inventory or taking it in the truck since space is going to be limited. I'll keep people updated.

But until mid-September, it's quick service as usual. :) I appreciate all your business very much!

The move will also mean I won't be able to collect certain things anymore, but it will also mean new products.
Crabby since May 2009

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:43 pm

Great products and great service so I'm glad to hear that you're only relocating and not closing up shop.

Got some Dall Sheep Poop in my last order and it's a HUGE hit! Last night, I put one piece of the poop in the dry food dish, along with pansy flowers, chia and sesame seeds, crushed egg shell and my homemade base mix, popped it into the crabitat, went in and out of the room quickly for something else, returned to the tank and saw that the poop had disappeared!! Felix was the only crab on the main level when the food dish went in so I know he snatched it...he was hiding behind the ceramic plant holder with his treasure. I'll have to make sure that Felix is up in the moss pit and the others on the main floor before I sneak another piece in :lol: .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

LittleCrabby12712

Post by LittleCrabby12712 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:06 am

@wolfnipplechips are you going to post more of the modified shells on your site? I have a stubborn E that's won't change shells.
Proud owner of 6 PPs and the new addition of 2 E's!

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:40 am

Not in the foreseeable future, no. :( I will eventually have more unmodified arctic moon snail shells from the local beaches here. My E's always were more than willing to use those.
Crabby since May 2009