Donating to landhermitcrabs.com

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Christa

Post by Christa » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:42 am

Hello everyone,Most of you know that I fund landhermitcrabs.com out of my pocket each month. Recently my financial situation has become quite difficult, owing in large part to the faltering economy and my husband being a financial advisor (stockbroker). It seems that nobody wants to invest anymore, and that is hitting us pretty hard. Landhermitcrabs.com was grandfathered by Eve/Groupee, and the payment plan we are on is not even available to new subscribers, so we are lucky in that respect! Even so, we're paying nearly $500 annually for the site and its upkeep. One of the Admins suggested I put up a donation button on our home page, so I can accept donations from folks who want to help keep landhermitcrabs.com alive and in the hands of the current administrators.If you would like to donate towards keeping landhermitcrabs the way it is now, please go to PayPal and send a donation to the e-mail address landhermitcrabs@live.com and choose the option 'Send Money -> Personal -> Gift'. Any amount would be greatly appreciated. An especially hearty THANK YOU to all the folks who do not let their avatars/signatures get huge, those who don't clutter them up with animation, dragons, large pictures and whatnot. It is this conscientiousness that allows us to let our site continue to focus on what matters, that is talking about our darling little hermit crabs. When the bandwidth goes over our limit, the difference is deducted from my personal bank account. I thank each of you for not making me pay that burden. Thank you everyone for keeping this site as awesome as it is!Happy crabbing!Christa*As of 2013 ownership of LHC.com has been transferred to JMT(Jedi Master Thrash)due to certain circumstances, but all donations are still greatly appreciated and needed.*
~~ The HCA ~~ the original and still the best -- ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS
Ting-Tang (Walla walla bing bang!)
Crabbing since 1974
http://www.hermit-crabs.com

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:27 am

Thanks for doing that Christa. LHC helps so many that it's nice to know we now have a way to safeguard it for the future.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:06 am

If it weren't for LHC, I would have my two original crabs (Peek and Boo) in a 5 gallon KK with half an inch of dry sand, a cocohut, 2 extra shells, a scallop shell with water and a scallop shell with commercial food. Thanks Christa!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:39 pm

I will get my donation to you soon Christa! This is a great site and has helped me and my crabs tremendously.

Topic author
lpshiner

Post by lpshiner » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:04 am

I'm happy to make a donation- I have gotten so much great advice from this site!! I encourage everyone to give something- small amounts add up quickly if enough people come through...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:14 am

Hi Christa!Finally got my donation in. It is not much, but I hope it helps!

Topic author
Margaret

Post by Margaret » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:07 am

Thanks for everything, Christa! I missed the raffle again this year, so I am very pleased to have another way to support the site.Thanks to all the people on this site that have encouraged me and helped my crabs through their rough times.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:41 am

I think I'm gonna donate. This is a great site and the people here are just wonderful. Thankyou so much Christa for setting this up and all admins and everyone for helping me through everything. THANKYOU!!! Me without this forum: , , , . Don't forget and . LOL!

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:16 am

Everyone,LHC could use some financial assistance this month so if any of you find yourselves in a position of being able to help out we would greatly appreciate it.Thank you,~ the LHC staff
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
jlynna11

Post by jlynna11 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:36 am

Can we still make donations?

Frostfire

Post by Frostfire » Sat May 21, 2011 5:03 pm

quote:Originally posted by jlynna11:Can we still make donations? I would assume donations are always accepted.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sat May 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Yes you can I believe there is a pay pal account set up for this purpose just follow the instructions in Christa's post at the top.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

NCMtnGal

Post by NCMtnGal » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:19 am

I am so grateful to have found this website! The suggestions from all the experienced crabbers has made it possible for me to have happy hermies living in my crabitat!I am gladly sending you my donation right now.
4 dogs, all strays or rescues...2 lovebirds...3 chickens...8 PP hermit crabs

SstWnh13

Post by SstWnh13 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 am

Its very admirable for the ones who donate all their time to helping others with their crabs. I was blessed to find this forum when I did (not long after I got my crabs) . Its like my bible lol any question, thought, issue, etc I come here. I keep the tab open 24/7. donating to this site is more realistic than some sites that want donations. If everyone on here has half the appreciation I have, which im sure everyone is %100 thankful, this site will have a guaranteed future. A thousand thanks to the creators and admins!!!
Sammichaos- Love my growing family Fiancé- Whitney, Dog- Hershey (10yrs), two crabs- Mr. Krabs& Alexander <3

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:50 am

On behalf of the staff and the community we thank those of you who can and have donated as it helps us to stay active on the internet spreading the right info and helping crabbers in need.Without donations from our members and the proceeds from our calendar sales the entire cost of running this site is completely up to the owner so every bit helps.Again thanks for the donations.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.