Eco Earth bricks vs bags

Archived information regarding the proper control and maintenance of your crabitat.

Topic author
Crabby Abby

Eco Earth bricks vs bags

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 am

Several months ago I reported a disturbing incident of finding several small and very rusted nails in newly hydrated Eco Earth bricks and wrote to Zoo Med. As I had used 2 of a 3 pack the company shipped several bags of loose EE to my door as a replacement.While I was quite pleased with their CS and rapid followup I'm not at all a fan of the bagged stuff. To say the consistency is extremely fine is an understatement. It's like pouring dust. Regardless of whether you add the water or EE to the pot first it floats on the surface making hydrating much more work than it should be. I used a large wooden spoon and had to keep pushing it under.Things don't get any easier once it's in use either. Again, due to it's fine consistency it packs easily and the volume in your tank will be shallower than the brick product especially over time. I was amazed at how much settling occured in my tank. It also dries out quickly.I give it two thumbs down.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

spidtat

Eco Earth bricks vs bags

Post by spidtat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:00 am

I agree I have used the bag stuff just once and will definitely use bricks. The bag stuff is nice for a second level though and that is all I ever use mine for anymore.
1 Rugs 2 Indo's, 2 Viola's, 4 Straws, 11 PP's, and 10 E's= 1 Very happy owner