Anyone from PetSmart?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Kharasmatic

Anyone from PetSmart?

Post by Kharasmatic » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:17 am

I work at PetSmart and every time somebody asks me a question about hermit crabs or buys a hermit crab, I always refer them to this website, hermit-crabs.com and naplesseashellcompany.com. I was just wondering if anyone had taken my advice and joined the forums! If so, hello and thanks for taking my advice The people here are great!
~kharasmatic

Laurie LeAnn

Anyone from PetSmart?

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:20 am

You should ask your manager if you can put up a info / care sheet from this site of the basic proper guide of what you need to own a crab, stating this would up your sales to.. people buying glass tanks, decor, food ect

jenok

Anyone from PetSmart?

Post by jenok » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:54 am

I second that idea. Maybe even allow you to have handouts or brochures (at your expense?) to give with the care sheet and different websites. It would definitely help the sales go up. Instead of $10 plastic its now $50 tank setup.

Kharasmatic

Anyone from PetSmart?

Post by Kharasmatic » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:50 am

Unfortunately they already have their own brochures/care guides, which are filled with misinformation. A few good points, but it's mostly wrong. I never hand them out and tell people their best bet for a care guide is hermit-crabs.com, and I also never let a crabbie go without all of the essentials. I've been teaching my coworkers all of their requirements as well, and I usually leave people with a hand written guide of bare minimums.
~kharasmatic

Keg

Anyone from PetSmart?

Post by Keg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:48 am

@Kharasmatic Good work.If anyone said they came here from your recommendation, they would probably have said it in the Zoea forum. I shamefully haven't been there much so I didn't hear any.Referring is a good idea. But look at the number of people participating on this forum. There must be 50,000 crabs sold every year across the world. How many crab forums are there? Just a few. I suspect many innocent crab souls are swooping up to heaven at this very moment for lack of teaching.

Tetra4CClyPtus

Anyone from PetSmart?

Post by Tetra4CClyPtus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:56 am

Is your petsmart doing recalls on the TopFin plastic aquarium heaters?? Y'all can get a full refund on your return if your using the heater. I just put up my topic here on clicks and chirps.