Background help

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
aparksy

Background help

Post by aparksy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Can anyone tell me how they get coco-fiber backgrounds to stick to their tank because the velcro mine came with is not working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

meg_and_the_zoo

Re: Background help

Post by meg_and_the_zoo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:37 pm

My Velcro failed quickly as well. I've just been kind of propping it up with logs/hides, etc. to keep it more or less against the tank wall.

Two of my crabs love to crawl behind it and sleep next to the UTH so I think they're partly to blame for the Velcro fail

Zoo mom of 3 cats, a dog, a fish and 6 crabs

Topic author
aparksy

Post by aparksy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks, but I actually ended up sewing the velcro on after a long struggle with staples. I can't believe it said to use them in the instructions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lauraroberson

Post by lauraroberson » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Just a quick tip for anyone else reading this with this issue as well. My hubby and I discovered the double sided fabric tape works really well for this. It will stick to both the fiber wall and the glass. Hope this helps, since we had the same issue. :)
7 PPs & 2 Es
75 gal tank + multiple smaller ones range from 20-5gals
Crabbing for 2+ years
Addicted and loving it!

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:56 am

Command hooks follow the directions. You can hook the mat on the hook of commands. They come in so many sizes, styles and don't they make them for showers to?? So you would think they would be good for tanks.