Pet Stores in Twin Cities, MN?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
cassiedj

Pet Stores in Twin Cities, MN?

Post by cassiedj » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:13 am

Hi all,

Does anyone from Minnesota around the metro area know of pet stores that have good hermit crab conditions where I could go and consider adopting a new friend? I got my current crab at HarMar Pet Store in Roseville, but other than that I don't know of any other hermie-carrying stores outside of the big bad chains.

Thanks guys! :crabblush:
Crabbies: currently only one named Romulus.

Ilovehermies74

Re: Pet Stores in Twin Cities, MN?

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:03 pm

ive never heard of that stor but i live in the twin cities too and i want to find one as well survive the :crabblush: Cold :crabblush: winter :wink:
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 pm

i think ill look at that stor were the crabs in good conditions?
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

Sweet Pea

Post by Sweet Pea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 pm

I didn't know Har Mar still had a pet store. I used to live a mile from that store.

Sweet Pea

Post by Sweet Pea » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:11 am

Yesterday I found myself back in my old stomping grounds and dropped in on the pet store in Har Mar mall. The crabs there looked pretty good. They had heat. The substrate was thin, but it was moist. I almost took one home, which says a lot because I said I wasn't going to buy pet store hermits again.
Last edited by Sweet Pea on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulesRolyCrab

Post by JulesRolyCrab » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Don't take shallow substrate in pet stores as a bad sign. The substrate should not be deep in the store, so that they won't be dug up by other crabs or by employees to sell.

Sweet Pea

Post by Sweet Pea » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:07 am

JulesRolyCrab wrote:Don't take shallow substrate in pet stores as a bad sign. The substrate should not be deep in the store, so that they won't be dug up by other crabs or by employees to sell.
Exactly! It was probably the first pet store tank of hermits where I actually saw the hermits moving around, not just balled up in their shells.

Sweet Pea

Post by Sweet Pea » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:57 am

An update on Har Mar pet store. I was in for a second time this week and was looking with a thought to possibly purchase a hermit crab. There was one small dish of water in an obviously dry tank. All the crabs were tucked tightly into their shells. :( I'll be sending off a note.

Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:49 pm

I cant go to har mar today because it is a sunday and it closes at 5:(

Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:12 pm

do you know if harmar sells equadorian hermit crabs

Sweet Pea

Post by Sweet Pea » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:51 pm

PP were all that I saw there.

Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:59 pm

k thanks