Wish me luck...

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

courtbri

Re: Wish me luck...

Post by courtbri » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:15 pm

I'm not sure if I was seeing correctly but it looked like a Tupperware container on top of another one? Just curious about this. Those shells are gorgeous and that little hut is adorable. Oh and I couldn't help but notice that someone like the XBox lol.

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

purpleperson

Post by purpleperson » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 pm

courtbri wrote:I'm not sure if I was seeing correctly but it looked like a Tupperware container on top of another one? Just curious about this.
I think this is where some of the ISO'd crabs are? Not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Haha yes, those containers have the 2 fresh molters in them! They're an eyesore but it's the easiest way to keep conditions good for them.

And yes, hubby and I are both gamers and a little Xbox obsessed. All my hobbies in one room! :lol:
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

Topic author
megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:53 pm

KellyCrabbieLove wrote:Those dogs cannot be trusted! Don't think they are all innocent because they are so adorable. Lol At least one of them is a crab food thief!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No kidding! The black one is devil spawn, hahaha. Their cuteness is their saving grace. The other one is a senior citizen and is much more polite.

Topic author
megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Annnd I'll be done spamming this thread for at least a little while after this post. My husband kindly informed me he didn't want me keeping the 2 crabs in our nicer food storage containers, so I went to Dollar Tree and got some cheapie plastic sandwich containers instead. He drilled holes in the sides for airflow, I lined each of them with a damp paper towel, and they have small containers of fresh and saltwater as well as a protein blend, mineral supplement, a popcorn dusted with a few things including bee pollen, and their exo. When I went to transfer the crabs, the one missing 2 walking legs was clinging for dear life to a chunk of his exo with his little pincher. :lol: He also popped right out and flailed his antenna at me, so he's at least perky.

The one who I thought may be getting ready to molt is in the 2.5 gallon iso with a heat lamp, food, and water. He was running around earlier so he may just be a shy guy and not pre-molt. I'll keep him in overnight and put him back if he eats and drinks normally. If/when that happens, gimpy crab will go in there until he molts.

I like how this project was just to add sand, clean the decor, and that was it. Instead it was like a 4 hour ordeal full of drama and some hormonal sobbing. :lol:

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Aw poor thing, but you got it done and it looks great and your crabs that needed some tlc are getting what they need. I know the feeling, I have the same problem when I go for a decor cleaning, it always ends up being way more then I had planned it to be. Your pups are so cute btw. Well get some rest since it's all done now!

Persia352

Post by Persia352 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:05 am

What a beautiful Tank! Your dogs are darling! :cheer: