40 Gallon Breeder Heat/Humidity Questions by KyMart

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
KyMart

Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Heat/Humidity Questions by KyMart

Post by KyMart » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:16 am

Chickadee23 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:01 am
[mention]curlysister [/mention] It seems like you didn’t really read my reply. I never said or implied that it was “better” info, I said the information she shares is IN ALIGNMENT with the information here. The education this group provides is the standard to which I measure other sources against. So I’m confused as to how my comment was so misconstrued and you perceived it as offensive.

Additionally, I wasn’t even recommending another GROUP. I suggested a YouTube channel. Videos are really helpful to me, and to many people, which is why I made the suggestion. It’s never a bad thing to have multiple good resources.

Pumpkin and KyMart, I’m glad you both understood my intention and where I was coming from :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ofc! I'm so glad that you saw what I said and agreed with it, I was scared I was going to misinterpret what you said and cause a bigger mess! :lol:
I have 5 PPs in a 40 gallon breeder!
~
Want to meet the crew? [link goes here when ready]
~
KyMart

Chickadee23

Post by Chickadee23 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:57 pm

[mention]KyMart [/mention] do you have a link for the moss pit you bought? I’ve been trying to figure out how I want to do mine and what to use. Would love to see what you used!

Topic author
KyMart

Post by KyMart » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:27 pm

Chickadee23 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:57 pm
[mention]KyMart [/mention] do you have a link for the moss pit you bought? I’ve been trying to figure out how I want to do mine and what to use. Would love to see what you used!

Of course!

Here is a link to the moss pit I use!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1478548850 ... olmoss-pit

I also have this small business water dishes (two mediums), water dish holder so they are double stacked so I don't have to worry about collapsing tunnels under the water dishes when I change the water (same thing as doubling up tubbarware containers), and two of their shell shops, mine are all black mesh, but they offer many different colors!

Here is a link a to the water dishes I use!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1125281091 ... olmoss-pit

Here is a link to the water dish holder I use!
(I just realized it is no longer available, sorry!)

Here is a link to the shell shops I use!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1191275315 ... shell-shop

It's a little pricy, but they are great quality and well worth it!
~
~
KyMart

Chickadee23

Post by Chickadee23 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:09 pm

[mention]KyMart [/mention] awesome!! Thank you so much! I like how the craft mesh is actually attached to the container. Perfect! :)

Topic author
KyMart

Post by KyMart » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:14 am

Chickadee23 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:09 pm
[mention]KyMart [/mention] awesome!! Thank you so much! I like how the craft mesh is actually attached to the container. Perfect! :)

They also sell craft mesh separately, incase you want to connect two shell shops (you could ask them for zip ties, I did and they glady included them (I didn't end up using them), or to make a ramp between water bowls, and so much more! They sell it for pretty cheap and if you tell them what you are using it for, example: connect two of their shell shops, they can tell you which size to order so it fits just right! They have so many colors but amazing bc it's less work for you! If a color you want is out of stock you can ask them if they have any not listed as in stock that is (which they might, and they will be happy to accommodate your order for that)!

Here is a link to the craft mesh!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1319562089 ... pit-insert
~
~
KyMart

Topic author
KyMart

Post by KyMart » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:17 am

Chickadee23 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:09 pm

Also, CrabLover77, aka CL77 owns the shop that sells them, and they are a very active person here at HCA! They are super kind and amazing!
~
~
KyMart