Best leaves to try?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Best leaves to try?

Post by wodesorel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 am

I know for certain that the Rose of Sharon (hibiscus syriacus) flowers are safe. Not sure about the leaves though.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

dinky

Post by dinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 am

Another name for the rose of sharon we have here in Fl is Althea (spelling) they are diciduous and loose their leaves each fall. Could they be used?
Happy owner of 10 pp's, 7 E's, 2 straws, 1 ruggie, 2 viola's, 2 dogs, to many kids to count and one awesome hubby

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Althea is hibiscus syriacus as well. Sorry! Forgot about that name. Just bought three new ones for hubby's mom's house, and each place labeled them differently. :lol:
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

dinky

Post by dinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Was at a friends today and she ask me if I wanted any figs....said her tree was overloaded, so brought some home to see how crabbies will like them, they smell great.....going to try and dry some leaves from the tree to see if they like them also (:
Happy owner of 10 pp's, 7 E's, 2 straws, 1 ruggie, 2 viola's, 2 dogs, to many kids to count and one awesome hubby