Post pics of ur tat!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

ErikRasmussen

Re: Post pics of ur tat!

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:25 pm

No problem. And yeah the 20GL was nice but this 40, oh man i love it, Not to long and not to high, just right.

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:04 pm

I'd like to have a tank good enough to breed. It looks so exciting :D
2 small PPs: Leonardo, Biscuit
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
1 Neon Tetra: Stevie. 1 Crawfish: Larry
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

hermitcrab101

Post by hermitcrab101 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Here's a pic of my 29 gallon crabitat: Image
The substrate is cropped out so it looks like there's only an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Dang that's nice, in this next year I wanna upgrade mine a lot :D
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 pm

hermitcrab101 wrote:Here's a pic of my 29 gallon crabitat: Image

love how colorful your tank is!

Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 am

So awesome!!! Great tat!

parker_roo

Post by parker_roo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:07 pm

shanedaman112 wrote:I swear if I made money by myself (not old enough yet, 6 months to go) I would spend it all on my crabs and have a huge tank with a lot of décor and a huge diet lol.
I've had a job for about 2-3 years, and I've spent so much on my crabs! The only problem, is I end up spending too much, and become broke. :'( So be careful how much you spend, because you will run out quickly when you want to get everything for your crabs. I must have spent $300 the first few weeks after I first got my crabs. It is an addiction! But if I were rich, I would buy everything for my crabs, and be one of those people who have a really nice, big tank, filled with 15+ crabs.
***Let the crabby adventures begin!***

Topic author
Ryry

Post by Ryry » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:09 pm

I have only had crabs for a few months and man have I spent a lot. Lol. I'm trying to be more thrifty in my purchases. But I love it when I see them playing on something I went out of my way to get. It's rewarding.
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 pm

parker_roo wrote: I've had a job for about 2-3 years, and I've spent so much on my crabs! The only problem, is I end up spending too much, and become broke. :'( So be careful how much you spend, because you will run out quickly when you want to get everything for your crabs. I must have spent $300 the first few weeks after I first got my crabs. It is an addiction! But if I were rich, I would buy everything for my crabs, and be one of those people who have a really nice, big tank, filled with 15+ crabs.
well, in the first couple months with the initial setup it costed us around $250 D': (petsmart is out the roof expensive d:)

jarteta97

Post by jarteta97 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Funnily enough, one of my biggest motivators in school is being able to obtain a stable job that pays well, so that I can shower my crabbies with money :). Shockingly enough, I found out that if I do well this year, I may get a chance to be valedictorian, so I'm pretty excited :D
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:02 pm

wow that's cool =o

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:48 pm

jarteta97 wrote:Funnily enough, one of my biggest motivators in school is being able to obtain a stable job that pays well, so that I can shower my crabbies with money :). Shockingly enough, I found out that if I do well this year, I may get a chance to be valedictorian, so I'm pretty excited :D
wow congrats! That's awesomeImage

Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:16 am

jarteta97 wrote:Funnily enough, one of my biggest motivators in school is being able to obtain a stable job that pays well, so that I can shower my crabbies with money :). Shockingly enough, I found out that if I do well this year, I may get a chance to be valedictorian, so I'm pretty excited :D

VALEDICTORIAN! YOU GO!!

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:23 am

That's what I miss: height! Since I recently doubled the substrate to 6", there's only 6" of space in the 10g in which to create climbing features. Hope I can score a 29g, 30g or 40g on CL or at Goodwill; otherwise, I'll have to wait for the next Petco/PetSmart $1-per-gallon tank sale.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:41 am

They have the sale pretty randomly, and several times a year. If you call and ask a bunch, maybe they'll do the sale just to get you to buy