Anyone ordering LHC crabs for 12/14/11?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

hashiriya

Re: Anyone ordering LHC crabs for 12/14/11?

Post by hashiriya » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 am

*argh* it's going to be 57 degrees today. not too cold. eesh - such a test of my patience. :lol:
2 PP's ranging in size from large to teeny (two adoptees) (Bomi, Squeegee)
5 E's, 2 Indo's, 2 Straw's, 2 Blue's
12 tropical fish
1 wife, and 2 offspring of the human variety :)

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:05 am

Amolkentine- we know I think some people just got excited of the possibility, and your right it does take time but they always eventually come and are in good health. I'm in no rush. I still have some final details to smooth out. I had a lot to get ready, not just one tank and a whole room!! So now I can take my time and finish things right.
My prediction is they will be shipped next Wednesday. Lets make a game to kill the time. Haha Any other predictions???
I know I know the weather is going to be perfect for shipping today!!!
Proud Mama to: 1 Human Son- Nevan
Furkids: 2 dogs- Arden, & Ella
Shell babies: 16 PPs, 5 Es, 2 Violas, 2 Indos, 3 Straws & 2 Blues

amolkentine

Post by amolkentine » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 am

NeviNuNu. I think next week also and I have no patience either. I am so excited and can not wait, but we all know that they will come in, just not when we thought. :crabbigsmile:
55 Gallon with 4 PPs
7 Dogs, 4 Kids..1 Very Awesome Hubby who is so very helpful, patience, and loving.

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Just got out of work. Probably a good thing they didn't ship because we were super busy and I wouldn't have been able to cut out earlier like I had planned. My prediction is next Wednesday also but I do not like the idea of them shipping will all that holiday last minute shipping. As I said before we do not know what the 14th date was dependant on and if she's delaying because of the crabs health such as mites than I'm okay with it. I rather heathy crabs
4 PPs: Hermie, Struder 2 Es: Ebert, E-wee, Edee, Ego
3 Violas: Monster, Charcoal, Devil. 2 Blueberries: Purples, Blues
5 Ruggies: Bug, Tug, Lug, Mud, Kirby. 1 Indo: Solo
4 Fish, 2 dogs, Woodlice, and 1 human child.

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah I agree about the shipping during probably the craziest time of the year. Seems a bit risky. I can only imagine what the tempetures will be around then too! She may be keeping them longer to treat mites or she may not even have them yet. For all we know. All I know is that we always get our orders and I've been quite happy with the quality. I would still suggest to keep an eye on your email. Just in case you never know. It may not always be a Wednesday, although I can't see it being a weekend day either, but who knows.

crabbyd23

Post by crabbyd23 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:25 pm

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. If you go to your local pet shop (mom and pop stores not the big box stores) that sells Hermit Crabs you *might* be able to have them special order exotic hermit crabs for cheaper than what I saw on the www.livehermitcrabs.com website. I know mine does where I live. Plus, around Christmas time prices may be a little inflated as well because the merchants know that everyone is on a 'buying spree" this time of year. If anything, I would've ordered my crabs after Christmas when all the orders (and prices) died down. I hope sincerely hope that no one's crabs comes DOA because of the X-mas rush. Those poor postal workers need to be thanked for all the hard work that they do for the rest of us! If you meet the USPS/Fed-Ex/UPS worker that delivers your crabbies, please be sure to properly thank them for the job that they do and please wish them a Merry Christmas!

Crabbydaddy23
Crabbing since May 2010

"One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity." -Albert Einstein

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:39 pm

I have tried to have my local pet stores special order them but when I ask they look at me like I'm nuts and have no clue what I'm talking. My uncle owns a pet store and my family is in the let trade business have looked and cannot find them. Even if they did order them they are still going through the shipping system, and every Christmas I tip my mailman! :0)

crabbyd23

Post by crabbyd23 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:43 pm

NeviNuNu,

I plan to stop by my local pet shop this evening. If I actually do, I'll be sure to ask where they special order from and post it on this site for you guys. Hopefully I'll get a good answer.

Gotta go!

Crabbydaddy23
Crabbing since May 2010

"One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity." -Albert Einstein

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

The problem with waiting to order from LHC is she only gets stock in so many times a year. I believe this is the first time in a year she has had blueberries. When I order in the summer I order smalls and got mediums. Small indos werent even an option. So for me it was either order now or risk not getting what I wanted. I actually have talked to petstores and one was going to special order, ironically the same day my first order with LHC shipped (was going to cancel). They talked to their vendors and could not find them but were going to continue to look. I ended up cancelling my order with the petstore since the other shipped. I could go back to the petstore and ask them to special order again but regardless they will be shipped and I get the feeling their shipping to the petstore will not be at all as pleasant as the one to my house. Plus I couldn't order any certain size with pet store. I don't mind spending the money as long as they arrive healthy.

CrabAddict99

Post by CrabAddict99 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:46 pm

From what I understand the supplier that livehermitcrabs uses is the only one selling the exotic crabs (straws, violas etc.) He (the supplier) sells them in large quantities 1000 plus only so this might not be practical for small shops. Petco used this supplier a few years ago. Must of been easier to distribute 1000's of crabs since they have more stores.

I got an email from livehermitcrabs today, my crabbies are coming next week.
'Hermit crabs are like potato chips, you can't have just one'
brevimanus•clypeatus•compressus•perlatus•purpureus•violascens
microfauna (Porcellio scaber,Oniscus asellus, Porcellio "dalmatians")
~ crabby since October 1999
I <3 my @:<

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 pm

CrabAddict99 wrote:From what I understand the supplier that livehermitcrabs uses is the only one selling the exotic crabs (straws, violas etc.) He (the supplier) sells them in large quantities 1000 plus only so this might not be practical for small shops. Petco used this supplier a few years ago. Must of been easier to distribute 1000's of crabs since they have more stores.

I got an email from livehermitcrabs today, my crabbies are coming next week.
Thats great news, if yours are shipping than likely all of ours will be shipping next week as well. Temps here will be in the 60s which I suppose could be worse

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Yay!!! Yeah temps for here next week are going to be 55 which is great considering it was snowing a bit today. Good I'm almost finished everything and I can def have everything done by Thursday. I hope everyone crabs arrive safely and mite free!!

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:00 am

mite free, tiny as I ordered, healthy, and let their be extras. am i asking too much?

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:59 am

No I deserve an extra!!! :0P

hashiriya

Post by hashiriya » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:22 pm

i asked her if i could amend my order to add two perlatus, and if she could ship in early january, and she said it won't be a problem!!! w00t w00t!!! so i'll be getting two perlatus, two blueberry's and two indo's. SO EXCITED! :)
2 PP's ranging in size from large to teeny (two adoptees) (Bomi, Squeegee)
5 E's, 2 Indo's, 2 Straw's, 2 Blue's
12 tropical fish
1 wife, and 2 offspring of the human variety :)