Water pools

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
jarteta97

Water pools

Post by jarteta97 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Hey all! As some of you may know, I just finished upgrading to a 90 gallon. As part of this project, I would like to update my pools. Right now, all I have are some small little tupperware-style pools. I've already seen the pool pictures post, so I've got some ideas. I've got some questions:

I saw that someone had used two black 2.5 gallon tubs for their pools, and that was kind of the idea I was going for. Unfortunately, I can't find the tubs online, so does anyone know where I could find these tubs, or something like this? I found some black plastic paint roller trays at home depot, but their just not deep enough.

Also, if you have any suggestions or ideas on pools, that would help, and I would appreciate it :D
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

YYWW

Re: Water pools

Post by YYWW » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm using the 2.5 gallons too! They had them on sale at my Petco for $13.99, but were sold out. I'll be checking out Pet Supplies Plus and then Petsmart, but if I can order for that price or lower I will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:46 pm

I like this, too, but i dont think i can put a filter in it
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 967&r=1189

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:11 pm

My only suggestion is make sure you know how much maintenance you are willing to do before you get them =)

Topic author
jarteta97

Post by jarteta97 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Lol, if I find the right one, I may do filtered. I have a small tetra filter, but upgrading to a slightly larger one shouldn't be that much.
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:04 pm

I just figured, for myself, i didn't want to be mixing and dumping in a gallon or 2 of SW every couple days, you know? The 2.5 gallon tanks dont seem like they actually hold 2 gallons of water, but it's still a lot more than just pouring some SW in a dish
I was intent on getting whisper 10i for my pools, which should be alright, i hope

Topic author
jarteta97

Post by jarteta97 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:30 pm

I think I'll leave my pools the way they are for the moment. The next couple of weeks, I'm going to be scouring the internet and stores looking for the perfect pools. :)

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:23 am

Ya! Perfect pools are hard to find! I was at TJMaxx today and saw these tupperware-ish things that were so PERFECT! I stood there staring at different sizes for 10 mins, ppl prob thought i was crazy (just buy them already, they're just $5 containers) but i walked away in the end because they weren't perfect ENOUGH. I did happen across a totally sweeeet acrylic stand for cosmetics that had 3 deep chambers that woulda made for BAD (as in good) pools, but i just wanted 2 chambers, not 3, and passed on that too.
Cycling a pool is def something i only want to do once, so perfection is a must!!!!