respond asap please

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
tokyojapan

respond asap please

Post by tokyojapan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:01 pm

My jumbo hermit crab who I purchased on DEC 8th has fallen out of his shell. He doesn't respond to water or my touch he has a hole in his exo were it meets his abdomen he smells strange but not fishy . if I move his antenna it goes right back into place . please help . he hasn't moved around in the tank just go to the heat lamp with my help and sit there and sleep my conditions are 80 humidity and 80 temp he is a pp help asap! :cry:

KellyCrabbieLove

Re: respond asap please

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:12 pm

You need to get him in a shell. NOW! If he isn't moving at all it may be too late but you can manually put him in a shell if necessary. Rinse him off, rinse out a shell and gently uncurl his abdomen and maneuver him into the shell. Wear protective gloves if you are afraid. I would be. Once he is in the shell, tap him on the head. If he is still alive and has the strength he will curl himself further in. Cover him, keep it dark, quiet and calm. Leave honey, pb, and bee pollen to help give him a better chance since those are for strength.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above