Popsicle sticks and hot glue

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
hermitcrab29

Popsicle sticks and hot glue

Post by hermitcrab29 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Recently, I've gotten into making Popsicle stick crafts with nontoxic hot glue for our hamster, and I was wondering if it would be okay to do the same thing for my crabbies. Thanks! :crabbigsmile:
Live, Love, Hermies

Crabinski

Re: Popsicle sticks and hot glue

Post by Crabinski » Sun May 01, 2016 4:46 pm

I've used popsicle sticks and hot glue to make MES (Mouse Entertainment Systems :lol: ) for years but the combo won't work very well in a crabitat due to the heat and humidity. The hot glue will deteriorate and the popsicle sticks will get spongy pretty quickly.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
hermitcrab29

Post by hermitcrab29 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Crabinski wrote:I've used popsicle sticks and hot glue to make MES (Mouse Entertainment Systems :lol: ) for years but the combo won't work very well in a crabitat due to the heat and humidity. The hot glue will deteriorate and the popsicle sticks will get spongy pretty quickly.
Thanks. And I know what it's like :] I have 100 things for my hamster :lol:
Live, Love, Hermies

emceedi

Post by emceedi » Mon May 02, 2016 8:33 pm

I can confirm what Crabinski said. I recently hot glued some popsicle sticks to my plastic water dishes. I wanted to be able to stake the dishes into the substrate because my crabs keep dumping the water out! It worked great for a little while, but soon the glue came off for some of them and the others strarted to rot. Back to the drawing board!
Six PPs and four Es!