new member / crab owner

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
thatcrabaddict

new member / crab owner

Post by thatcrabaddict » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:50 am

hi ! my name is Haven and I love animals ! I have 2 Purple Pinchers named Albus Dumbledore and hula . I rescued them from a beach shop and they are currently in painted shells (I have many natural ones for them to choose from and hopefully they will change out ) . they live in a 20 gallon tank .
About 2 years ago i got a hermit crab and i completely did not know anything about hermit crabs . So he unfortunately died . I was so devastated that I decided to figure out why he died . I found many helpful websites and I became obsessed with hermit crabs again . After a year of research i asked my mom if i could have hermit crabs and i even had a presentation for her. she said no so i continued to ask for about a year . And yesterday , she finally said yes ! When I put my new crabs in their crabitat they were so happy ! I'm hoping they will molt soon because they definitely need to.
I will probably be on here alot ! I will add to my little collection hopefully in the future . I'm happy to have found the forum and if you have any questions please ask !

hermitcrabmomma85

Re: new member / crab owner

Post by hermitcrabmomma85 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Welcome! If you haven't already, I suggest bookmarking the care guides. they are a great source!

Hopefully we see a lot of crabby pictures!
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:42 pm

Welcome! Read and reread the care guides.

:) Happy Crabbing