Transporting By Motorcycle

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Teddscau

Transporting By Motorcycle

Post by Teddscau » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Okay, so my dad's going to be picking up a trio of hermit crabs that need a new home. He's planning on picking them up with his motorcycle. I know, but wait a second. I would never let him transport fish, mammals, or birds that way. However, his motorcycle is one of the quietest motorcycles I've ever heard (normally they're loud as heck, but his has a tolerable rumble to it, and it doesn't make that ear piercing VROOM VROOM sound). From what I understand, it's also smoother on the road than most cars are. We'll be taking Tupperware containers down with moist cocofibre in them. I was also going to see if a small cooler might fit in his saddle bag, so we can stick the containers in it to help insulate them, block out the noise, and dampen the vibration.

What do you guys think? They'll be in/on the motorcycle for around an hour, then I'll move them to a terrarium to relax.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transporting By Motorcycle

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 pm

If they can travel by car, motorcycle shouldnt be too much of a problem. The only thing is that they a bit more exposed to the elements since there is no temperature control, so a small eskie (cooler) would be a wise choice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies