Question about airplants and plastic plants

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Artistmom81

Question about airplants and plastic plants

Post by Artistmom81 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 pm

I currently read that hermits enjoy certain types of airplants. Is this true and has anyone included airplants in their crabitats? If so, what kind?
I'm including some different aquarium decor (faux plants) and came across the airplant idea.
Also, what plastick or faux plants does everyone have in their crabitats? I'm searching for new ideas for ours.
Mom to 2 girls, 2 boys, 1 chihuahua (Zoey), 1 cat (Sid), 2 bettas (Blu & Stitch), and 5 hermies (4 PP and an Eccie); Big Boy/Grumps (or whatever his mood is) Ralph, Faith, Munchkin & Spidey.
Little Dora(PP hermie) passed on 7/7/2017

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Question about airplants and plastic plants

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:03 am

Most like people have been talking about the spider plant, which isnt a true airplant by definition. However, true airplants like orchids or broms would do well, however crabs enjoy destroying them too much. Just whatever you put in, expect for it to be destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Artistmom81

Re: Question about airplants and plastic plants

Post by Artistmom81 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 am

:hlol: I have a female that loves to destroy. I decided not to go with airplanes! :D
Mom to 2 girls, 2 boys, 1 chihuahua (Zoey), 1 cat (Sid), 2 bettas (Blu & Stitch), and 5 hermies (4 PP and an Eccie); Big Boy/Grumps (or whatever his mood is) Ralph, Faith, Munchkin & Spidey.
Little Dora(PP hermie) passed on 7/7/2017