Crab personality?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Puoyo

Crab personality?

Post by Puoyo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:47 pm

I'd like to know some crab personalities, or how to tell what personality a crab has, and I would like to know the personalities of other people's crabs too!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

AndyCrabby

Re: Crab personality?

Post by AndyCrabby » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:27 pm

My crabs basically fall in different degrees of shyness/friendliness.
Most of my crabs will take a few steps back for tank maintenance but will watch.
Cantaleta Ermita the First : So shy I think I've seen her a total of 5 times
Tux: Pretty shy but if it's late enough he will come out to see what's going on
Dwebble: Friendly crab, very nappy crab and a shell fashionista
Tamatoa: Food enthusiast.fairly friendly but still shy compared to Dwebble. Gentle Giant that gets along well with my smallest crab(Squirt).
Squirt: Adventurous, goes places in the tank first before the other crabs did. Fairly Friendly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cannm

Re: Crab personality?

Post by cannm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:14 pm

I currently have three Es and one PP.

Two of my Es are skittish, but are able to be handled and like to climb.
My newest E is very hyper - in fact, since I've had him (about a week now) he changes shells once or twice a day and constantly eats. He's all over everything.
My PP, however, is afraid of everything and spends most of his time hiding. It could be that he needs a species buddy, which I plan on getting if he survives his first molt with me, which is currently happening :) When I had a tank of PPs in the past, they were always very sociable with me and each other in groups.