Phew one survived molt but he seems to have started a trend!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
jlbcrab

Phew one survived molt but he seems to have started a trend!

Post by jlbcrab » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:11 pm

We have one crab that was molting for a while. He came back up but now I think his tank mate is molting they have been tearing up the tank lately. Not sure if I should try to iso the one that may be molting or leave him alone.

We also got 2 new crabs and had them in an iso tank. One of them attempted a surface molt and died :( The other one sat in the salt dish, drank a ton of water, ate and dug down to the bottom never to be seen again. I'd been checking on him and yesterday I was a little worried because I thought he was out of his shell. Then in the shell I could see a pinkish purple pincher. I was seeing his eco and him in this shell! I tried to get some pics but didn't want to stress him out and wasn't getting good ones so I stopped. There is less and less of his eco left when I check so I would say he survived.

Yay but stressful! LOL

hermit lover 09

Re: Phew one survived molt but he seems to have started a tr

Post by hermit lover 09 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Congrats! Molts are exciting! I have had a surface molt and she survived, silly crabs sometimes dont know whats best for them
Proud owner of 3 PP's (more to come) 10G tank
Ranger (girl), Mitsy (boy), Crust (?) R.I.P- Ebay (PP)
5 SUCCESSFUL MOLTS! Mitsy, Ranger, Crust!
"OMG!! treasure"

ShellCrab

Re: Phew one survived molt but he seems to have started a tr

Post by ShellCrab » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Congrats!!!!
Seven purple pinchers: Pineapple, Pearl, Firecracker, Coconut, Swirly, Snowflake, and Crabaroo!