KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 am

Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

ronnie_f

Re: KY, TN Adopters

Post by ronnie_f » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 am

Lexington, KY

Hello, my name is Ronnie. I've been caring for crabs for over 8 years, and have plenty of room for more in my 55 gallon tank. If you're in the greater Lexington area or within 50 miles and need a forever home for your buddies, please don't hesitate to message me!

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Winchester, KY

How Far Can You Travel?: An hour

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I have a 55 gallon tank with 4 crabs currently

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: about 8 years

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Anything

LAST UPDATED: 7.29.18
Last edited by ronnie_f on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Visual

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Visual » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:10 am

LEXINGTON, KY

Hello, my name is Valerie. I havent been crabbing long. Almost a year and a half. I am completely obcessed now, but my space is getting limited. Even so, If you're in the greater Lexington area or within 25 miles of Nicholasville and need a forever home for your buddies, please don't hesitate to message me.

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Lexington

How Far Can You Travel?: about 25 miles

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I’m currently in a custom tank. A converted bookcase that aprox. 93 gallons. I have 2 Ecuadorians and 14 pp’s

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: 1yr 6months

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Small pps

LAST UPDATED: 7/15/18
Last edited by Visual on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Herm-ette

Looking for companion(s) in Chapel Hill NC

Post by Herm-ette » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Greetings all,
Just discovered this site. The little one came home last summer with a hermit crab (gift from Aunt). Now many dollars later we are in love and looking for companions. Did not want to purchase after researching so looking to adopt. We live in NC near Chapel Hill/RTP area. If you know of anyone looking to get rid of their hermits of good health, we have a pretty nice set up for a few. Cheers y'all.

Herm-ette

NC Adopter

Post by Herm-ette » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Charlotte-Chapel Hill, NC/SC

Well Howdy Y'all!
Update: we have officially adopted five hermit crabs and added them to our crab civilization. With exception of our most recent adoption, the three others have had successful molts and all have new shells. I believe we have three different species; pp's, one strawberry and one unknown.
We still have plenty of room in our NC hermie hotel!
It all started over two years ago when my little one took a trip to the beach with her AUNT. Needless to say we are very much in love with our little herm-ette and her new family members! After much researching and lots of $ have decided it would be best for her to have her own hermie family. Currently we have her in a 30 gallon tank with lots of climbing creations, food, waters, sand and heat. However we do have access to larger retired salt water aquariums 200/90 gallon should that day arise. We tend her everyday, and now know she would do well with some company and looking to adopt some in need. We are back and forth between Chapel Hill and Charlotte area and would be willing to drive. We also could use a nice source of natural sized shells' in particular shells with openings larger than 2". Just let us know!
Cheers!

LAST UPDATED: 07/13/2018
Last edited by Herm-ette on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jarteta97

Re: KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by jarteta97 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Wake Forest, NC

Hey everyone! I live in Wake Forest, but regularly travel to Chapel Hill as well. I have a 90 gallon set up that has been running for about 3 or 4 years now. I only have about 10 crabs in there at the moment. I have done one adoption through craigslist and one through the forum, and I have been active on the forum for about 4 or 5 years now. Pictures of my set-up can be seen right here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116285

I'd be willing to travel up to an hour if needed. I'd be willing to pay for shipping, but if it's close enough, driving would be preferred.
You can PM me, but I would be better reached by text **** or by email at jarteta97 at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 01/31/18
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

LENOIR CITY, TN

I am located in Lenoir City, TN...right smack dab in between Knoxville, Kingston/Harriman. I'd be willing to travel to Maryville &/or Sevierville as well.
I currently have one med/lg PP by the name of Captain Jack. He is in a 20gal with 10inches EcoEarth mixed with play sand. Have climbing space, fresh/salt waters available that I change once-twice a week depending how much sub gets in them, PLENTY of shells to go around.
Looking to adopt at least one more crabbie for the time being!!

Contact me by email ginafaye13 at gmail.com please.

LAST UPDATED: 07/16/18

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Knoxville, TN

I live in the Knoxville, TN area and am looking to adopt 1-2 pp's. Small/medium. I have a 90 gal tank with 6 pp's. And a 40gal breeder with 5. The new ones would go in the 90.

LAST UPDATED: 01/19/19
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Overmountain1

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Overmountain1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi! I am Sara, and my two boys are 10 & 13, and they help care for our crabitat and crabbies. They’re very hands off and responsible with the crabs, they just love watching their antics and seeing what they’re up to at any given moment. Perhaps a bit of that will wear off over time but who knows? Doesn’t matter bc I’m the primary caregiver and I’m ok with that! Image

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Bristol, Va/Tn

How Far Can You Travel?: 4 hours, maybe more with some planning....

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: we currently have one 10 gallon, with just 2 teeny crabs, with eco earth and sand about 5” deep, a big climbing and hiding log, Moss pit, some greenery, fresh foods and freeze dried foods from reputable and recommended (by HCA members) dealers, 2 kinds of water, although I’m upgrading the pools tomorrow!

How Long Have You Been Crabbing? Less than a year, although I had crabs for several years as a young kiddo. We ended up giving them away then, but it was a positive sort of thing. This time, I’m all in, for 20, 30, or more years! And the kids know they may be theirs eventually after that too. Image

What You Are Able to Adopt?: 1-3 crabbies, no larger than ‘small’ size, just depends on what you’ve got and what we can work out. We will be upgrading to a larger tank before too long either way, so if it did get crowded it wouldn’t last long.
I attached a pic I took just now of Dave-Dave the Wonder Crab! (His pretentious superhero name, I told him it was a bit much but he didn’t listen.ImageImage)

I hope that answers any questions you may need to know. I’m available and looking actively- thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk