Another one bits the dust

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Pumpkincrab

Re: Another one bits the dust

Post by Pumpkincrab » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:19 pm

Pet stores probably won't take your crab. You can put together a rehoming post under HCA's "crabs needing a home" page. Also, perhaps try OfferUp or Craigslist.
Hi! Feel free to check out TheGourmetCrab here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGourmetCra ... ugg_market
Owner of 4 purple pincher hermit crabs in a 55g tank.

Topic author
Prayingmatis

Post by Prayingmatis » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:46 am

Not sure if this is good news or not but this Friday last Hermie buried himself then came out in the open and now he's been buried in the play sand the rest of the time and I haven't seen him since. Is this a good thing or should I try to find where he's at?
Beam Me Up Scotty

KyMart

Post by KyMart » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:23 am

Prayingmatis wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:09 pm
If I sell it to a pet store how will I know it's going to a good home?
I would say the best way to re-home crab and sell your setup and know it's going to a good home is to put him up for adoption here at HCA. Someone could meet you somewhere with your mom and pick them up, and you could ask for a fee for the tank! This is a great rehoming option, and I'm sure someone would be more then happy taking the little guy off your hands, and paying the fee for the tank, setup, and supplies!
I have 5 PPs in a 40 gallon breeder!
~
Want to meet the crew? [link goes here when ready]
~
KyMart

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:28 am

Prayingmatis wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:46 am
Not sure if this is good news or not but this Friday last Hermie buried himself then came out in the open and now he's been buried in the play sand the rest of the time and I haven't seen him since. Is this a good thing or should I try to find where he's at?
He's most likely molting or de-stressing. Do not try to find him.
Hi! Feel free to check out TheGourmetCrab here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGourmetCra ... ugg_market
Owner of 4 purple pincher hermit crabs in a 55g tank.

Topic author
Prayingmatis

Post by Prayingmatis » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:35 pm

Ok
Beam Me Up Scotty