Well, i thought it was a molt

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
GRMU99

Well, i thought it was a molt

Post by GRMU99 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:04 pm

I couple of weeks ago i have to got some christmas fake flowers ac moores that i wanted to put in the tank. So, this morning i had decided to remove the fall ones and pit the christmas ones in. As i also wanted to rearrange that tank a bit. I knew i had 2 out of the 3 down for a molt. When i took the 2 water dishes out to be cleaned and fill i had found my E and my one PP right next to each other almost right on top each other. I knew something wasnt right and i had got them and comes to find out that they both had died with limbs missing. Last week the E was just fine and was hogging the food bowl. I think i know how this can be avoided is to add more EE/sand since the substrate is about 4in deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Well, i thought it was a molt

Post by curlysister » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Perhaps filling in the Emergency template will help us to trouble shoot for you:

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 27&t=46102
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers