Unsure Molt

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Crabtivating_Crabber

Unsure Molt

Post by Crabtivating_Crabber » Sat May 09, 2020 9:03 pm

I am a new crabber and got my crabs about a week ago :) . I have two crabs and the bigger one is gone. I am assuming he is molting but see no sign of him, and if he is, I don't know where. Any tips for what to do would be awesome.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Unsure Molt

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat May 09, 2020 9:08 pm

Try not to worry! Crabs can be down for a long time, especially if they are big. Just try to keep your hopes up and nose alert for any fishy smells! Welcome to HCA! :D
Edit: DO NOT disturb him though, is crabbing 101! Like I said, try not to worry!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
Crabtivating_Crabber

Post by Crabtivating_Crabber » Sat May 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Thanks! I will definitely be on the watch. Hopefully he will molt successfully!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat May 09, 2020 11:12 pm

As long as you have proper substrate that is deep enough, you don't have to do anything. They will dig down under the sub to molt, to de-stress, or sometimes just for fun.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers