Dogwood tree safe?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
KTM200xc

Dogwood tree safe?

Post by KTM200xc » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:46 pm

So I have a dogwood tree in my yard. I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if its safe? Like bark, leaves and flowers? I didn't see it on either food list. Its part of the Cornus tree family.
And how about Magnolia too? Its part of the Magnoliaceae family.
Just found this link that says dogwood is safe. Anyone know of this website? Would still like to know what everyone here thinks too. http://www.crabbyconnection.com/safe-food-list.html

DreaminginBlue

Re: Dogwood tree safe?

Post by DreaminginBlue » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:04 pm

I'd love to know this as well. My dogwood tree is blooming and if it's safe, maybe the crabs would enjoy some flowers/leaves/wood.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:20 am

If that site says it's fine. Then I would also consider it safe. Memory serves me correct, the owner of that website might be on HCA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
KTM200xc

Post by KTM200xc » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:57 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:If that site says it's fine. Then I would also consider it safe. Memory serves me correct, the owner of that website might be on HCA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Okay cool thanks.

DreaminginBlue

Post by DreaminginBlue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:50 pm

It doesn't mention if the flowers, leaves, or wood is safe- should I just assume all of it is safe?

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Try writing to the owner!

Also - wow, their website has changed SO MUCH since I last made a purchase from them. It looks amazing!

p.s. - I also have wondered about dogwood... as well as spicebush and serviceberry.

P.p.s. - if you own the Canadian Crab Connection & happen to read this - kudos, I love the update, it's really quality!
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Topic author
KTM200xc

Post by KTM200xc » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 am

Okay so late yesterday I gave them four flower petals from the dogwood. They ate them in a couple hours. :banana: