What to get for calcium! Where to buy!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Hermielover121

What to get for calcium! Where to buy!

Post by Hermielover121 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:44 pm

:? I have had my hermit crabs for a while now but I haven’t been giving them pretty much any source of calcium. I’m a little bit worried now because one of them just had a 5 week molt but I cannot find an exoskeleton and I think it’s because they don’t have enough calcium. What should I do? What should I buy? I have heard of a lot of people putting egg shells calcium powder and cuttlebone etc. in their tanks I’m thinking of ordering some calcium powder off Amazon! any recommended brands?

asiankanye

Re: What to get for calcium! Where to buy!

Post by asiankanye » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:50 pm

crushed eggshells is a pretty easy thing to make on your own. hermie's kitchen has snakeskin here: https://www.hermieskitchen.com/products ... -crab-food and cuttlebone is pretty easy to find online. I'm not an expert, so i don't really know any good brands for calcium powder. oh, and also crushed oysters are also a good calcium supplement.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Eggshells are cheap and readily available. Also, many of us leave a cuttle bone in the tank at all times for them to munch on.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Thank you so much I will be adding some egg shells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk