Recommended hides

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Sparroww

Recommended hides

Post by Sparroww » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Is there any hides on amazon or Etsy or any store that’s affordable? I’m worried about quality. My crabs are shy :]
They love hiding under moss.

Also what 3d printer material do you recommend because my friend has one and offered use for me

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Recommended hides

Post by JoeHermits » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:43 pm

You can always DIY with planting pots or plastic baskets or buckets. They won’t look as natural but can be a cheaper source of larger hides

Safe printer plastics include PET, PETT, PETG, and ABS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenny55

Post by Jenny55 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:04 am

Sparroww wrote:Is there any hides on amazon or Etsy or any store that’s affordable? I’m worried about quality. My crabs are shy :]
They love hiding under moss.

Also what 3d printer material do you recommend because my friend has one and offered use for me
These are 2 that I've used.. the wood hide is from Petco and I had it in my 10gal, there are 3 different sizes. And the rock hide from Amazon I have in my new tank also comes in 3 sizes (of course I got the large one, I didnt want to spend that much!) but its a great fit for the larger tank. Not sure what size you need or how much you want to spend but both of those worked well for my crabs privacy and something fun to climb on :)ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:17 pm

I like coconut huts, a $3 fresh coconut from Walmart nets two huts and enough coconut to freeze for a year. My crabs really like cork bark tubes for hiding and eating, depending on where you buy from they usually aren't too expensive, especially shops that charge by the pound because they're super light. My ruggie's favorite hide hands down is giant shell that I didn't realize was going to be quite that big, she can fit all of herself (including current shell) inside with room to spare.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram