In same spot for three days

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
bbcraft22

In same spot for three days

Post by bbcraft22 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:43 pm

You might have heard that Shelly and Bob aren't doing well. Shelly got better, but Bob is the same. He has been in the same exact spot for three days and what should I do? Is this normal?
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

LadyJinglyJones

Re: In same spot for three days

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:52 am

Oh dear - how is the temp/humidity? I read that their metabolisms slow down dramatically with each degree lowered, so it would stand to reason that lower temps might produce decreased activity. No limbs dropped?

Fingers crossed it isn't a surface moult. Any movement yet?
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:23 am

Could it be possible if you go answer the emergency help template, so that way we know what your conditions are in the tank and work from there.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
bbcraft22

Post by bbcraft22 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:52 pm

whoops forgot to answer he came up the fourth morning and started climbing over Fred :D

thanks for your help!
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan