Donations to site

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
troppo

Donations to site

Post by troppo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:14 pm

For a while I've wanted to donate but feel uncomfortable with Paypal(is it safe?),and I can't use my credit card at the moment as the Bankcard scheme in Australia is closing. Are there other ways to donate,say by money order or cheque?
If that's not possible at all,then can Paypal be used for normal savings accounts? I'm not sure how it all works never having used it before.

Topic author
hermiegirl

Post by hermiegirl » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:03 pm

If you verify your account, there's details on Paypal for doing that, then yes, I believe you're able to donate straight from your bank account. And Paypal is very safe to use. I've used it a bunch and no problems.

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:17 pm

I am not sure, but I'll ask Ripshaw. She acts as our treasurer. :)
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

ripshaw
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by ripshaw » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi troppo! I just PM'd megs but I'll post here what I told her as well. Paypal is by far the most convenient option. If you wrote a check or sent a money order you would have to make it a personal check to Christa or myself and then we would have to cash the check at the actual bank (depositing foreign currency in ATMs sets off homeland security alarms) because the HCA does not have its own checking account. The bank would charge commission for the conversion most likely and then we would have to deposit that amount into the paypal account ourselves. Paypal on the other hand accepts Australian dollars and automatically converts the payment to US dollars free of charge. It is very safe and I use it for all my ebay purchases. Now I personally have my credit card connected to my paypal account but I know that you can make direct payments from a checking account. I would look on their website or call them for more info.
~ Rip Tang, female crabber!

Topic author
troppo

Post by troppo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:16 pm

Thanks for the info everyone! :D
I'll try using paypal with my savings account,after checking out the paypal site first. It's a pain with my credit card situation at the moment as I'm in the middle of buying a house and want to get my credit card debt incorporated into my home loan which may take a little while,so in the mean time I can't use it,only pay it off.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:12 am

Hi Troppo, yes you can use your savings account, checking or credit card. I have all three listed with them so I never have to move money. I have used pay pal for years with no problems.