Which glues are best?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Oliviet#1

Which glues are best?

Post by Oliviet#1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:12 am

Hi, I’m going to be a hermit crab parent soon, and I need a glue for some projects in my tank. I want to glue a plastic container to suction cups or the tank, and I want to glue pieces of coconut to twine, wood of some kind, or plastic. What glue is safe for hermit crabs, and can work with all of these surfaces? Please give a specific name because I don’t want to buy a toxic glue.
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

Prosati

Re: Which glues are best?

Post by Prosati » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 am

Welcome welcome, I’m not too knowledgeable on this specific issue but I know some people use shower caddies and most of those have suction cups already on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenocrab

Re: Which glues are best?

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:53 am

We use aquarium silicone for all our crabby crafting. Let it dry and make sure the fumes are gone before adding crafts to the tank and before adding crabs. That's the only safe glue that I know of. Keep in mind that crabs are scavengers and will eat anything, so safety and health are important when crabby crafting.Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.