GOOD OR BAD IDEA??

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author

GOOD OR BAD IDEA??

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am

i thought of getting these while i go on vacation 4 my crabbies! 1 for salt 1 for fresh!!

Fluker's Repta-Waterer

Edited by troppo to shorten link :)

Rebecca C

Post by Rebecca C » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:58 am

I got one similar to that last year; it was pretty good.
Where are you going on vacation?
~Ashley

I have 3 PP's, 1 E, and a puppy. :) Hermit Crabbing since August '04 R.I.P: to the crabs I have lost and R.I.P. Rocky(my first pet).
I make and sell all-natural, chemical and dye free hermit crab food on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheHappyHermi ... p_redirect

ripshaw
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by ripshaw » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:37 pm

zachary, it looks like a cool idea to keep the water bowl filled while you are away for extended periods of time. however be CERTAIN you have no small crabs in the tank with those things. i have seen drowned tinies in pet stores because they crawl in those things and they are so slippery they cant get back out again. before filling it take your smallest crab and stick him/her inside and wait to see if they can get out without trouble.
~ Rip Tang, female crabber!

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:55 pm

I would also put a dish or tile or something similar underneath them so that the crabs can't fill the bowl part with substrate because that'll wick all the water out and cause a big flood.
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:56 pm

im going to disney world!! and im begging my mom to take me to the crabbige patch!!!

Topic author
troppo

Post by troppo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:05 pm

Moved by troppo :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:27 pm

I used one of those before. They work great. It was hard to get it turned upright without spilling it, though.

Topic author

I have one of these...

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:59 am

I actually made a craft project out of it to make it more natural looking in my ISO tank. That way I wont have to bother new babies as much when they are destressing.

It just attached with a few circles of velcro to hold the sides on, and a suction cup for the plant. It makes for really easy clean up and refills. The sides are covered in coco climbing background that I cut to size. I value your feedback![/img]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x292 ... ins011.jpg