Magnatural mushroom/rock ledges

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Magnatural mushroom/rock ledges

Post by wolfnipplechips » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 pm

petdiscounters seems to have some again.

http://www.petdiscounters.com/search.as ... &search=GO

Thought I'd share since some of you wanted to know where I got my freaking awesome mushroom ledges. They don't have the large ones, though...only small and medium. And they are kinda spendy. But the crabs love them and they are super convenient with the magnets. I love the ability to move them around as I please without dealing with glue, chemicals, and suction cups. They work on up to 1/4 inch thickness glass and hold a pound. They can actually hold a little more than that, though. It held Godzilla, plus a few large and medium crabs (I counted 7).

They are awesome! I'm going to use my PFD to get some! :D But just thought I'd let you guys know if you wanted some. :)
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

aquav

Post by aquav » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:56 am

Have you noticed them trying to eat the foam the ledges are made of?
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”. Mahatma Gandhi

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 am

I haven't seen it, but I have where it looks to have been worn down in the areas where they pile up during the day. So they may have tried. The foam is pretty solid, and not "crumbly". I haven't had any unexplained deaths if that helps.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

aquav

Post by aquav » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Sounds great, thanks!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”. Mahatma Gandhi

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 pm

I think I'm going to get the rock one whenever I can! It looks so awesome! And the magnets sound so much easier to deal with than the suction cups.

tlivs

Post by tlivs » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:48 pm

aquav wrote:Have you noticed them trying to eat the foam the ledges are made of?
mine do
a few of my crabs love to sit up there and pick off the foam
i dont think its that bad for them though because i dont think they would continuously do it if it was but who knows
arthur, charlie, ralph, hunter and oliver
rip. benjamin

aquav

Post by aquav » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:10 pm

tlivs wrote: a few of my crabs love to sit up there and pick off the foam
i dont think its that bad for them though because i dont think they would continuously do it if it was but who knows
I guess you're right, we need to give them more credit...

:wink: