Back...again (Iguana owners please read bottom)

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
fluffy

Back...again (Iguana owners please read bottom)

Post by fluffy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey guys, I'm here again lol. I thought I'd be on longer, kind of got a little busy. My strawberry hermit crabs are doing great. 3 successfully molted, unfortunately I believe the fourth did not make it. I also have a lonely E. I bought two but his buddy I don't believe made it through his molt. He will have a friend once my iso tank is set up better, but he's getting along really well with the straws, although he is quite small. I also moved them from a 20 gal to my 55 gal, and my bearded dragon was moved into a 65 gal I got on black friday. They LOVE their 55 gal. So much more space for them to climb and a bigger tank to totally trash :roll:

I'm also moving in 4 months!!! My boyfriend knows I'm bringing Norbert, my bearded dragon. He doesn't know I'm planning on keeping the crabs...and that I recently adopted an iguana. Although I have a feeling he suspects its actually mine and not a friend's. It'll also be interesting as he told me recently that he's just not a fan of reptiles although he knows I love animals and my reptiles. So hopefully he doesn't mind a 5-6ft one :lol:
I'm super excited for the future. But for now it's saving up money, and trying to tame my rambunctious juvenile iguana.

Any Iguana owners out there? This is my first and I would love some tips. So far I know they need a huge habitat, he is on multivitamins, calcium, and alfalfa supplements, and that taming will be a challenge until he is older. I believe he is 4 months old right now. :happy2:
Here's a picture of the tat. I was finally able to use all of my driftwood, vines, and plants.
I decided this time not to use real plants. They eventually dig them up or bury them lol
And now the crabs exploring their tank
Norbert was not thrilled with his new tank. Lord knows why. But since then he has acclimated quite nicely.
And my newest addition, Galapagos the iguana.
Last edited by fluffy on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

daws409

Re: Back...again (Iguana owners please read bottom)

Post by daws409 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Welcome back! Congrats on the tank upgrades. To upload pics, you download tapatalk app on a smartphone or tablet, search for HCA forum, and login. :)

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Welcome back! Sorry about your losses! That is a bummer! Hopefully you can find your E another species buddy so he won't be lonely. I had an iguana when it was smaller. When it got larger, I rehomed it. My friend had a female that was HUGE! Unfortunately she passed away after some eggs rotted in her...it was extremely unfortunate. He even had the depth in her tank for them to lay them. It was so devastating. You should see if there is a forum for them! My husband took me to Aruba one year and I would catch the wild Iguanas that would jump in the pool. The other tourists thought I was nuts! They would get out of the pool, and I would jump in ;) I earned the nickname Iguana mama. I would walk around the pool in my bathing suit holding them. Anyways...lots of fresh veggies, fruits, calcium, uva, uvb!! They run fast, and will whip you with that strong tail if you make them mad! ;)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
fluffy

Post by fluffy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:14 am

daws409 wrote:Welcome back! Congrats on the tank upgrades. To upload pics, you download tapatalk app on a smartphone or tablet, search for HCA forum, and login. :)

Thank you! You're a life and time saver! Haha I knew there had to be an easier way. And I'm so glad I could move them into something bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
fluffy

Post by fluffy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 am

GotButterflies wrote:Welcome back! Sorry about your losses! That is a bummer! Hopefully you can find your E another species buddy so he won't be lonely. I had an iguana when it was smaller. When it got larger, I rehomed it. My friend had a female that was HUGE!...
I'm sure he would love a friend. I'll have to soon. I can't wait till he grows to be huge. It's awesome! And that sounds like Ana amazing vacation. This guy is so moody. He tail whips me all the time lol. Thankfully his tail isn't quite strong enough to hurt me. Although he has hit himself in the face XD

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:57 pm

fluffy wrote: My boyfriend knows I'm bringing Norbert, my bearded dragon. He doesn't know I'm planning on keeping the crabs...and that I recently adopted an iguana. Although I have a feeling he suspects its actually mine and not a friend's. It'll also be interesting as he told me recently that he's just not a fan of reptiles although he knows I love animals and my reptiles. So hopefully he doesn't mind a 5-6ft one :lol:

Ahhahaha! That made me laugh so hard! I mean, if the poor chap hasn't realised the iguana isn't visiting yet, having the conversation about devoting the space later is gonna be... innnnnteresting. He probably knows by now, he's just in denial. :hlol:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Topic author
fluffy

Post by fluffy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:08 pm

[/quote]

Ahhahaha! That made me laugh so hard! I mean, if the poor chap hasn't realised the iguana isn't visiting yet...:[/quote]

I know haha. We have plans for a two bedroom place. He thinks it'll be just a game/office room. He's going to have to share with an iguana XD

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:12 pm

fluffy wrote: I know haha. We have plans for a two bedroom place. He thinks it'll be just a game/office room. He's going to have to share with an iguana XD
Bah hahahhahah! Awesome. :lol:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Wow...your pictures are great!!! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

daws409

Post by daws409 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Just realized you added pics which are amazing by the way!

Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's

Topic author
fluffy

Post by fluffy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:59 am

Guys!!!! My other E molted!!! And he's pretty :3

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:59 am

Gorgeous

NLindsey921

Post by NLindsey921 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:18 am

So beautiful.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
5pps: Jimbo, Tiny, Mr Krabs, Felicia, Sebastian

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Iguana Owners on FB is a great group. They were very helpful with our rescue a couple of years ago.