Mice

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Crabinski

Re: Mice

Post by Crabinski » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Please keep up the posts: as I'm not on The Fun Mouse very much these days, this is the only way I know what's going on mouse-wise Chez CallaLily!

Hazel is a terrific name! I had a very dark brown mouse, Tosca, that you'd take for black unless you looked closely and saw the warm lights in her fur; as she aged a bit, it became more apparent that she was a very dark brunette and not black. Best of luck dealing with Seren -- you definitely made the right choice in not forcing her to stay with the others...Cheeseburger deserves mousie snuggles in her dotage, not attacks.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 pm

CallaLily wrote:And thank you guys for still reading! :D I start to wonder from time to time if I'm bugging you guys with mouse things. :D

EDIT: My youngest son has chosen the name Hazel for the new girl.
Never! If anything, I get my mousey fix from your pictures. :lol: I would love to have them again, but I can't get near them anymore - and it's not the bedding, it really is them.

I always thought Hazel was a wonderful name. Has he read Watership Down?
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 pm

I like the name Hazel :) Your pets always have such cool names! I suck at naming anything. :lol:
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:45 am

Thank you. I don't think he has read that one. Is there a Hazel in it?

His first suggestions were Lydia, Vanessa, and Uthgerd. I think he was going with Skyrim names there though that would be Jenassa, not Vanessa. When I shot those down he decided to go with a tree theme.

EDIT: She was out and about this morning so I carefully moved her whole tank over near the window to try to grab some pics in natural lighting. Here are a couple of the better ones. :)

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:04 pm

He's here!
And having him right next to old Mousey really shows how beat up and dirty he is! If I didn't think he'd fall apart, I'd wash him! :lol:

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Wow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:47 pm

:hlol: It is a big difference. Poor Mousey. :lol: Though I would think this means Mousey got a lot more hugs than Chatters. :D

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:51 pm

You can tell Mousey has been well-loved! I wish I still had some of my stuffed animals. My husband has 2 stuffed lambs (his "lambies") that he's had for 30+ years. I asked him if our son can play with them when he's born, and he looked absolutely horrified at the suggestion. :lol:

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm

I had a "Lamby" too! Kids are so original with names. :lol: He's long gone, who knows where though. He was an Easter gift when I was in the hospital getting my appendix removed (also when I was 5 - that was an eventful year for me lol).

I never let my kids play with Mousey. They could check him out once in a while but only when I was right there. He's up out of reach the rest of the time.

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:15 pm

I thought he'd actually gotten rid of them, then I found them in his underwear drawer a few weeks ago. Not where I would want to keep a prized childhood toy, but whatever. :lol:

I don't think I was ever super attached to any particular toy. I was always more into books, since I'm a super nerd. Guess I've made up for the lack of toys by hoarding hermit crabs, hahaha.

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:44 pm

:hlol: Hiding them in his underwear drawer! Safest place as any I guess. :lol:

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:03 pm

I had to retire Teddy a few years back. He was threadbare and really close to falling apart. Hubby bought me Bear for Christmas that year, and it's about twice Teddy's size so perfect for squeezing. Yes, I'm 31 and I sleep with a stuffed animal. I don't care! :P Although it seriously helps with the numbness in my arms because it keeps me from rolling over in the middle of the night. Subconsciously I must think it's one of the cats, and won't squish it.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:04 pm

My special toy was a doll named Dozzzy. After my surgery last week my husband actually got him out of the closet and brought him to me hoping to cheer me up. Even at 12 when I would go out of town on vacation Dozzzy went with me. I found new versions of him when I was still living at home during undergrad on Ebay and my Mom bought me several - I am still not sure why lol - the new ones are still missing the hat that he is missing since they weren't straight out of the box. The eyes lit up and the mouth lit in both open and closed positions so it looked like he was talking. There is a tape player in his back with a tape that could be activated in 15 minute bursts by a press of a button on the hand. He isn't creepy in person. There pics just look that way. Lol

This is the new one

This is mine

ImageImage
These pics don't show how bad mine looks either. The staining on his arm has been there for years. It was scrubbed out but I have no idea what it is. Every bit of his surface is covered in pet hair that has over time woven itself into his fabric. Lol the felt on his eyelids is gone. There is no drawn mouth that shows when turned off or drawn on eyebrows. He doesn't work either. Lol. All of the pj material is balled up and just falling apart so he is wearing clothes, he bas had those for 25 years.Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:25 pm

My beloved red and white bear, Bungy-Beast or Beasty for short, was given to me on my first birthday by an aunt and uncle and seemed HUGE! In reality, he was only about 24" long and was stuffed with sawdust. Over the years, the fur wore away, leaving a body of maroon and grey canvas; the eyes fell out and nose fell off (I chewed on that nose a lot when I was a tyke) and my mother stitched on eyes and a nose to keep Beasty whole -- the more he fell apart, the more I loved him. I know I had him well into my 20s but have no idea what finally became of him :( .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Awww. I love hearing about everyone's childhood lovies!