Got Cats?

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
Jedi Sena

Got Cats?

Post by Jedi Sena » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 am

I'm wondering how many hermit crab owners have cats. I'm expanding my product line to include cat toys and my first design is--of course--a hermit crab. I know it will appeal to more than just hermit crab enthusiasts, but it got me wondering how big this niche really is. Do you have a cat? Multiple cats? Do you spend more on your cats or your crabs?
__ ` , ` , ` , ` , jedi sena
(__)_ ` , ` , ` , ` crabby since 2007
(____)_ ` , ` , ` , ` http://crabotanicals.etsy.com
(______) ` , ` , ` , ` owner of Crabotanicals all-natural hermit crab food
...//( 00 )\.........................................................................

Rawrgeous

Re: Got Cats?

Post by Rawrgeous » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:22 pm

I used to, and probably will again in the future, I'm just too brokenhearted from when the last one passed. I honestly spend way more on the crabs though, because my cats where never interested in their toys except for feathers on strings, nip, and climbing toys.

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:27 pm

We have 3 cats.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:48 pm

We have cats. We buy cat toys occasionally but honestly they're most happy with boxes, shelves, and hair ties. I lost track a long time ago on what I've spent on crabbing, but with vet bills for the cats I'd have to guess it's leaning towards more spent on them.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:41 pm

CallaLily wrote:We have cats. We buy cat toys occasionally but honestly they're most happy with boxes, shelves, and hair ties. I lost track a long time ago on what I've spent on crabbing, but with vet bills for the cats I'd have to guess it's leaning towards more spent on them.
Boxes and my mini blinds. Cats. Furry little brats, lol.

pandaincognito

Post by pandaincognito » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:25 am

I had a cat we named butters. He's been with us for about four days. I kept hearing meowing, and I couldn't figure out where he was. Fearing hr may have gotten himself stuck in the wall, I followed the source into the kitchen. Ny pantry at the time was directly in front of the fridge. So I checked the pantry first. Because you know. Why would a cat go into a cold box with a bunch of food. Mmmm, bacon, its worth freezing to death!! He wasn't in the pantry, so of course, shaking my head. Already knowing...... I opened the fridge and he looked up at me, meowed, then walked out. I laughed so hard at that. My ex didn't realize he got into the fridge and ended up closing him in
-------
2 small pp, smeegle (m), shellshock (m); 1 small/medium pp, shelldon (f), 1 medium/large pp, Godzilla (m)
1 dog, bender the min pin. And one betta named Henry. I dont know if its a boy or a girl, its still pretty young.

pandaincognito

Post by pandaincognito » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:28 am

If you can crochet, kitty catnip toys are easy to make. They like balls and tear drop shaped toys the nest when it comes to yarn ^^ and make sure you make your stitches super tight, because they will pull out anything you put inside xD

And you can also do this for dogs too. Start a sleeve with a closed bottom, insert an empty water bottle about half way through, and finish the project. ^^ my dog loves his dog toy (made from trash and left over yarn lol)
-------
2 small pp, smeegle (m), shellshock (m); 1 small/medium pp, shelldon (f), 1 medium/large pp, Godzilla (m)
1 dog, bender the min pin. And one betta named Henry. I dont know if its a boy or a girl, its still pretty young.

PinkMermaid7

Post by PinkMermaid7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:26 pm

We have two cats. They play with pretty much anything I drop on the floor or throw across the room. lol. They like to camp out on top of the crabitat because it sits high up and has towels on top so of course they think it is a bed for them.