Looking for egg eating snake

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
Hermielover121

Looking for egg eating snake

Post by Hermielover121 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:28 pm

I know I’ve been posting a lot but I was wondering if anybody had an egg eating snake that would be for adoption or know where to get one. I live in Canada so it’s very few options but if anyone like breeds them or has an old ones they don’t want any more or anything like that I will be very happy to take it I can only take one at most but it does not matter if it’s full grown juvenile male or female I will take any. I have a temporary 10 gallon with Aspen 2 caves water and a heat mat that would be set up. if it is bigger then I will switch it to a 20 gallon. PM me for any other information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Looking for egg eating snake

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:33 pm

Your best best would be to join a reptile/snake oriented group.... unlikely to find what you're after in a hermit crab board.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Ok thanks I was just checking here since I really want to find one but I have posted on every a reptile group

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Fair enough. Hopefully you find what you're after.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Egg eating snakes are really rare to find captive bred. If you want one you will either have to buy one for a ridiculous price (talking hundreds of dollars, not including the price for tank and setups as well as food), or settle for a field-caught one. I have no idea where to find one captive bred just because of how impossible it is to breed them. If you are okay with field-caught then just go to some website that sells reptiles, such as Backwater Reptiles (https://www.backwaterreptiles.com/snake ... -sale.html). Note: I am not recommending them because they are not known for being entirely ethical with how they treat their reptiles, however they do sell egg eating snakes for much lower prices than other places. They have very mixed reviews with some people having great experiences, while others had their reptiles shipped incorrectly and came already injured. It's really up to you whether you trust places like that. Though even if you do find one be warned; they are by no means easy snakes to take care of. The hardest part is the food. They will need to eat finch eggs (which are very hard to source) until they are big enough to eat quail eggs and most never can handle chicken eggs.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Just another note: If you do get one from Backwater Reptiles, don't rely on their option to pick gender because from the reviews I think they don't even check so be sure to confirm on your own once you get it. Again, not recommending this place, but if you can't find anything else it would work.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Thank you for the help I actually found on for sale and I am going to pick it up on Sunday ( I ordered it from some one that does not want it anymore and got if for a decent price ) and they said that it is feeding well on quails eggs and I went to my local grocery store and found some for 3 dollars so I think that this will work out well. I have an extra 10 gallon that will be temporary until my hermit crabs stop molting then I will upgrade him to a 20 gallon. I have wanted a snake for my WHOLE life and I can finally get one. I am sooooo excited