New rescue goldfish

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

New rescue goldfish

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:25 pm

I rescued 3 big goldfish last week that were living in a 10 gal tank with 2 other goldfish (so 5 big fish in a 10 gal). I previously rescued Poseidon (the lightest fish in the pics) 3 years ago from a family that was moving and didn't want him anymore. He was kept in a 5 gal tank. They are all getting along great and like to "cuddle" with each other. I wish I could have taken the other 2 fish, but the lady said they had to go in a pair, and the one fish had a tendency to eat little fish. I have 4 small topical fish in my tank that are appx 11 years old, so I couldn't take the chance of having them eaten. Plus, I think it would have over crowded my tank.ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Pumpkincrab

Re: New rescue goldfish

Post by Pumpkincrab » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 am

Oh my goodness, so cute! they must be so happy.I
:crabbigsmile: :banana:
Hi! Feel free to check out TheGourmetCrab here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGourmetCra ... ugg_market
Owner of 4 purple pincher hermit crabs in a 55g tank.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:22 am

Pumpkincrab wrote:Oh my goodness, so cute! they must be so happy.I
:crabbigsmile: :banana:
Aw thanks so much! I was worried about Poseidon getting along with the newbies. He hasn't seen any new fish in 3 years. So I was thankful that he didn't mind more company! Image

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:42 am

Congrats on the new goodies. They look pretty big and chunky, how big are they?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Congrats on the new goodies. They look pretty big and chunky, how big are they?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thanks! They are pretty hefty. They are appx 13 cm nose to tailfin. My original guy is appx 15 cm nose to tailfin. I'm thinking the newbies are girls since they are so round and fat lol. I can't see their bum opening to tell if it's rounder or more oblong though. My guy is pretty slim so that's why I always assumed he was a boy. Image

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Pretty hefty fish then! I love the single tailed goldies, but grow too big for me to feel happy to house one in my current sized aquas/pond.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:40 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Pretty hefty fish then! I love the single tailed goldies, but grow too big for me to feel happy to house one in my current sized aquas/pond.
They do have great little personalities for sure. I have a 40 gal breeder now, but with the newbies, I'm assuming I'll have to upgrade in the near future to keep them happy. That will be ok, because then I'll have an empty 40 gal tank that I can put more CRABS in LOL. Image
What kind of fish/aquariums do you have?