He changed shells [emoji1]

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
CheekyChels

He changed shells [emoji1]

Post by CheekyChels » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabby7Crabber

Re: He changed shells [emoji1]

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Love! :D
Last edited by Crabby7Crabber on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:04 pm

If only my E would get a bigger pair of pants!
Last edited by Crabby7Crabber on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
CheekyChels

Post by CheekyChels » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:21 pm

Do you think he’s an E? :o

Topic author
CheekyChels

Post by CheekyChels » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:21 pm

How big is your baby? Small too?

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am

@CheekyChels Sorry, he's definitely a PP (didn't mean to imply that he was an E). I was just saying that my stubborn E -he'd fit in the middle of your palm- has WAAAAY to small pants and even though I provide plenty for him, he still insisted on wearing them! At least he went out of his painted one that I got him in. Es can be really stubborn! :lol:

Topic author
CheekyChels

Post by CheekyChels » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:31 pm

This shell happened to be quite a bit smaller than his old one so I was kinda surprised he picked that one lol he is my most active crab considering I rarely see the other two. He’s been hanging out by the food and water for a little over a week now. He isn’t scared at all like the others are he will let me move stuff around right next to him and he doesn’t even go in his shell. I’ve heard Es can be stubborn and I think I’m gonna stick with PPs for a long while before I try getting any other kinds. My boyfriend really wants a strawberry and the pet store literally 5 minutes away has GIANT strawberries all the time.

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:13 pm

Sometimes they change into a smaller shell right before a molt.

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:14 pm

CheekyChels wrote:This shell happened to be quite a bit smaller than his old one so I was kinda surprised he picked that one lol he is my most active crab considering I rarely see the other two. He’s been hanging out by the food and water for a little over a week now. He isn’t scared at all like the others are he will let me move stuff around right next to him and he doesn’t even go in his shell. I’ve heard Es can be stubborn and I think I’m gonna stick with PPs for a long while before I try getting any other kinds. My boyfriend really wants a strawberry and the pet store literally 5 minutes away has GIANT strawberries all the time.

Are you in the states? And if so which one out of curiosity?

Topic author
CheekyChels

Post by CheekyChels » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm

I’m in Texas :)

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 am

Didn't know that the states had exotics! That's awesome that they have strawberries! Usually the U.S only has PPs. Whenever I go to the boardwalk they're all I see. Which pet store are they at? I went to Pet Supplies Plus 3 or 4 months ago and saw the first exotic- my E :)

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 am

I’m in ND and I know that a small reptile store in Minneapolis has Strawberries. I was surprised, as finding any exotics In the states surrounding me is unheard of, even legendary.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:15 am

Oh my goodness! If I had a chance and enough space I'd rush over there and buy them all! Are they well cared for? It hurts me even more when exotic crabs as in bad conditions, especially considering some need more care than other species.

Topic author
CheekyChels

Post by CheekyChels » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:15 pm

They’re actually in pretty good care the only thing I didn’t like in their tank was sponges. They had 8 inches of sub and their humidity was good. Plenty of climbing objects and FW/SW. It’s not a chain pet supplier they’re a small mom and pop shop type deal. I’ll have to try to get some picks next time I’m there. They don’t even have PPs they only have the strawberries. They are beautiful and I actually talked to one of the girls who works there and she knows more than the average person does about hermits. She knows they are not as easy to take care of as people think and she does not let people hold them. They have all kinds of animals there (rabbits, hamsters, cats, tarantulas, etc.) and their food for everything is all natural with no pesticides. I get my dog treats from there I usually get him the lamb jerky sausages which are his favorites and they are super cheap cause they make everything themselves. It’s a nice little shop. When I had to buy my uth one of the managers was asking what animals I had and gave me a cool little shell for free! Way too big for my tiny guys and not the right kind but it’s cute for decoration in their tank.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 pm

That sounds like an awesome shop! I wish there was more local ones instead of big companies :(