LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Nate the great
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Nate the great » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Crabinski wrote:All you can do, Nate, is send LiveHermitCrabs.com an email, cc-ing PayPal, officially canceling your order on the grounds of nonfulfillment after a reasonable amount of time. At least you'll have it on record that you've acted in good faith in case LHC.com tries to bill you at a later date.
Oh, I know that.

I just want to make sure that it is clear in this thread that they're not shipping.

It's only a couple minutes of my time, and it could save other people a lot of pain and money.
Currently the caretaker for:
13 hermies in 37G, 26G bow front

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

User avatar

isadoraisacat
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: new brunswick, NJ

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by isadoraisacat » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:05 am

Nate the great wrote:
Crabinski wrote:All you can do, Nate, is send LiveHermitCrabs.com an email, cc-ing PayPal, officially canceling your order on the grounds of nonfulfillment after a reasonable amount of time. At least you'll have it on record that you've acted in good faith in case LHC.com tries to bill you at a later date.
Oh, I know that.

I just want to make sure that it is clear in this thread that they're not shipping.

It's only a couple minutes of my time, and it could save other people a lot of pain and money.
Nah it's not shipping and especially now it's too cold and not a safe time to ship live animals. Not that i think there's every really a safe time to ship them but especially not in the colder months

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar

bbcraft22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by bbcraft22 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:27 pm

I was expecting to order a few blue berries hwne the time comes. Shoul I, or no?
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

User avatar

Erin9712
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Erin9712 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:32 pm

bbcraft22 wrote:I was expecting to order a few blue berries hwne the time comes. Shoul I, or no?
No. absolutely do not order from here. At all. You will not get your order and will have a horrible time getting your money back. Also, you're not going to find Okinawan blueberries from here. Or pretty much anywhere. I mean, it's possible but very few people have a license to export them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

PinchersAndShells
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 1185
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:02 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Erin9712 wrote:
bbcraft22 wrote:I was expecting to order a few blue berries hwne the time comes. Shoul I, or no?
No. absolutely do not order from here. At all. You will not get your order and will have a horrible time getting your money back. Also, you're not going to find Okinawan blueberries from here. Or pretty much anywhere. I mean, it's possible but very few people have a license to export them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.
5 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Edd, Momo, Merle, Dottie, & Elvis
37 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/


Optimist1
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Optimist1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:37 pm

I am New to posting. This post is only my personal experience and
I hope things are fine with the vendor now. They have a nice
Professional looking web site.

I had to let you know
I thankfully used paypal with this vendor livehermitcrabs.com.
I actually set up a paypal account just
So i could place my order. Vendor only wanted paypal
As method of payment.

After i read a lot of posts, it seemed like i would not receive
The strawberries or extra shells i ordered.

This forum is what helped me.

.paypal told me
To try to contact vendor. Give them a chance. What caught my
Attention was that , at the time (several months back) , the
Phone number listed was long distance information with the area code
At vendors location. Not a real phone number.


I had to dispute my purchase. Vendor given chance to
Reply to me with no luck. Paypal contacted vendor.
Sorry i never received my order. This vendor truly had
A nice web site. Maybe you will receive your order
I got my money back.


Optimist1
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Optimist1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:45 pm

I just wanted to add that the many posts from this professional web site hermitcrabassociation.com gave paypal evidence to support my dispute. I could not believe how easy it was to let paypal handle this. Also i would never have believed i would not get my order if not for member posts.

User avatar

littletechcrab
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:11 am
Location: Glenshaw, PA

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by littletechcrab » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Why isn't this person reported to the feds since they are a rip off?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk


annedow9
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by annedow9 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 am

Optimist1 wrote:I am New to posting. This post is only my personal experience and
I hope things are fine with the vendor now. They have a nice
Professional looking web site.

I had to let you know
I thankfully used paypal with this vendor livehermitcrabs.com.
I actually set up a paypal account just
So i could place my order. Vendor only wanted paypal
As method of payment.

After i read a lot of posts, it seemed like i would not receive
The strawberries or extra shells i ordered.

This forum is what helped me.

.paypal told me
To try to contact vendor. Give them a chance. What caught my
Attention was that , at the time (several months back) , the
Phone number listed was long distance information with the area code
At vendors location. Not a real phone number.


I had to dispute my purchase. Vendor given chance to
Reply to me with no luck. Paypal contacted vendor.
Sorry i never received my order. This vendor truly had
A nice web site. Maybe you will receive your order
I got my money back.
Oh no I preordered a strawberry and 3 other crabs last week. I'll give them 2 weeks!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

LadyJinglyJones
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:01 pm
Location: The 6ix, Ontario, Canada

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Dude, just cancel the order & get a refund. The crabs aren't comming.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4352
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:30 pm

LadyJinglyJones wrote:Dude, just cancel the order & get a refund. The crabs aren't comming.
Their refund will probably take a while too.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4352
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:31 pm

littletechcrab wrote:Why isn't this person reported to the feds since they are a rip off?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
People have been trying to get them shut down for a long time. If it were that simple the doors would have been closed years ago.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

User avatar

AwesomeHermit
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by AwesomeHermit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Thinking about it, what a scam! I never ordered personally but these stories of people paying, and not receiving anything is TERRIBLE :twisted:
3 Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Crabbing for over two years!

User avatar

AwesomeHermit
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by AwesomeHermit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:50 pm

And what was her username status here, in HermitCrabAssociation?
3 Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Crabbing for over two years!

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4352
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:53 am

AwesomeHermit wrote:And what was her username status here, in HermitCrabAssociation?
What do you mean? I don't remember if they ever were a member here, but I don't believe they were.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Post Reply