Where to get shells?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Oliviet#1

Where to get shells?

Post by Oliviet#1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Can everyone please tell me where they got their shells and what kind? I have three purple pinchers and I only have one shell. I don’t want them to fight so I haven’t put it in. I’m looking for shells with circle openings like turbos and murexes. If it is an online store please give me a link. Thank you.
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where to get shells?

Post by curlysister » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 pm

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

Thank you any more suggestions/ places would be great. Including in store only places and websites, etc.😊
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:58 am

Click on the link I'm my signature there are several shell shops from stores, Etsy and eBay there.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:49 am

Richard's seashells is popular here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wysper

Post by Wysper » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:12 am

I have ordered some Mexican Turbo's from ebay. My 3 bigger PP's all moved into them immediately.

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:56 am

naples sea shell shop is my go-to.
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Oliviet #1, my crabs really LOVE murex shells so much they don’t want to wear turbos. I’ve tried offering turbos but both of my girls will just shell shop but as soon as I put apple murex in, they will try them on for a little bit but then change back to their old shells. I’ve found it is very important not to take away the old shell because the crab may get buyer’s remorse.

And I have gotten my shells from The Hermit Crab Patch, Naples, Deltona Seashells, and from someone in a hermit crab Facebook group.

Pincher

Post by Pincher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm

From some local (smallish) aquarium/fish store. They sell them cheap as tank decoration.
You likely are not living nearby :wink: but if you have such a store, check it out! (I'm also collecting shells just for hobby and often found some in such stores.)