Yum Yums?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author

Yum Yums?

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:54 am

Hi! I am used to preparing delicious food for my hermit crabs. They usually eat the food, but they have not really eaten any food since the day before yesterday. They always eat. My problem is, i think i could give them a treat that they could eat all of, but I don't know something that crabs are absolutelyy addicted to. Please help me by telling me a hermit crab treat recipie.

Thanks! :P :lol: :wink:

annopia

Post by annopia » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:26 pm

big hits in my tank include shrimp (the entire thing, including the tail), popcorn (stove-popped in olive oil without any salt, butter, or seasoning), fresh coconut, and , oddly (because i haven't head of this with other people's crabs), millet.

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 pm

In my tank:
- Whole shrimp
- Chicken bones cracked to expose the marrow (I put a few in because they ALL want some)
- Mango
- Fresh coconut
- Frozen brine shrimp (thawed) and powdered spirulina mixed into cooked rice and millet (Don't ask me why I did it in the first place, I just tossed something together and they like it.)

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:35 pm

My crabs really enjoy:

-Coconut
-Smelt (a type of fish)
-Carrot
-Worm castings
-Rolled oats
-Wheat germ
-Oak leaves

MamaZelly

Post by MamaZelly » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Mine like millet, too! I put the whole spray in there, and they'll sit on it and much away.

I don't really have anything else that I make myself that they love, but NarNar's Bugs and Nuts is a big hit here in my crabitat (www.thehappyhermitcrab.com).

Some like peanut butter (unsweetened, please) and rolled oats mixed together, others like leftover fish from dinner, but nobody does backflips for shrimp in my tank (I was shocked. SHOCKED I tell you....). Mostly, they really like NarNar's stuff.
ZellyBelly, Mama to Sophie & Gus (the human babies).

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:57 pm

mine go absolutly insane for dried blueberries :D by the time i change the food theres nothing left of it, and theres always someone on it within the first few minuets of it being in the tank :o

Topic author

Thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks! i bought two coconuts today for the crabs!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D